Non-motoring > Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 36

Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - R.P.
Continued debate.

Volume one is here :-

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=22662&m=502786#

Last edited by: R.P. on Sat 18 Jun 16 at 18:58
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - fluffy
I am shocked and horrified with the murder of Jo Cox.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - Roger.
It now looks as though Mrs. Cox's murder was politically motivated, although I'm not sure what the offender was trying to achieve.

If he wants a "Free Britain" that is precisely the way not to do it.

This murder is in exactly the same category as that of Fusilier Lee Rigby and fully deserves to be seen in that light.
That latter murder was committed by a mad Muslim: this one was allegedly committed by a mad far, far, right, white person.

Both deserve equal condemnation and I support that.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - WillDeBeest
Nobody here is trying to pin any of this on the Leave campaign, Roger. I'd leave it at that if I were you.
I support your point of view as well Roger.
Remain seems not to hesitate in using Mrs. Cox's murder.

order-order.com/2016/06/20/will-straw/
Last edited by: Roger. on Mon 20 Jun 16 at 18:11
You're playing a nasty and dishonourable game here, Roger. I got that email and there's nothing in it to even hint at what you suggest. The rest of the article is just tendentious speculation from a partisan hack as to what might have happened behind the scenes.

I got scowlied before for advising you to leave this alone. I'll risk it again - but dem scowlies hurt me so baaaaaad.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - Armel Coussine
Seems to me there's something childish and a bit unpleasant about this whole argument. That may be what wound the beastly nutter up to do his deed.
Jo Cox murder is an appalling sadness.

Whoever did it deserves the ultimate penalty.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - Lygonos
Sharing a cell with you?
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - CGNorwich
>> Remain seems not to hesitate in using Mrs. Cox's murder.
>>
Which is of course what you are doing to smear the other camp. The only honourable thing to do is remain silent Roger. Show a bit of dignity if you can.
Now then.........

order-order.com/2016/06/21/remain-leaflet-blames-leave-jo-coxs-murder-start/
You're at it again, protesting far too much. Are you so afraid your offensive campaign has failed that you're making your excuses before the results are even in?

Mods, I think this is too much from Roger and some use of the scissors is called for.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - No FM2R
As you well know Roger doesn't get moderated, however offensive he gets. I suspect that his views fit the party line from on high. . But if you're mean to him then Pat won't like it.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - Pat
I couldn't give a toss.

I'm sitting in Kinlochbervie watching the dawn break with a view to die for!

I was mocked on here for my love of nature but listening to the sound of the trees and water, not to mention the dawn chorus, it makes more sense than all the views on here put together.

Pat

Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - VxFan
>> Mods, I think this is too much from Roger and some use of the scissors is called for.

Why? Is his opinion any less worthy than yours?

Did he write the report his link points to?

To be honest, I'll be glad when all this political stuff is over and done with.

>> As you well know Roger doesn't get moderated, however offensive he gets.

And just where has he been offensive? Has he belittled anyone on here? Has he been rude and personally attacked anyone on here? Well not that I recall, but he has suffered some of it himself from others.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 22 Jun 16 at 01:21
Q.E.bleedin.D.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 22 Jun 16 at 01:40
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - VxFan
Déjà bleedin vu
Made me smile.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - Bromptonaut
>> Now then.........
>>
>> order-order.com/2016/06/21/remain-leaflet-blames-leave-jo-coxs-murder-start/

What a sewer that site is.
And sewers attract rats. Often spiteful, a***witted, racist rats.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - sooty123
>> >> Now then.........
>> >>
>> >> order-order.com/2016/06/21/remain-leaflet-blames-leave-jo-coxs-murder-start/
>>
>> What a sewer that site is.
>>

Worse and more shouty (if that's even possible) than the bretbort stuff roger normally links to?
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - Mapmaker
I find it odd that Cox is being celebrated as a saint, but if she keeps us in then her death will not have been in vain, sad as it is for her children.

Her husband, however, is a nasty piece of work. I have heard this story from somebody 'linked' to Save the Children. I'm not surprised he's not standing for Parliament. (Sensitive-minded readers should not click here.)

theholisticworks.com/2016/06/19/the-truth-about-the-late-jo-cox-mp-and-her-husband-brendan/
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - devonite
When I first heard him speak several months ago, can't actually remember what he was on about, my Hackles rose instantly, (like they did when I was a kid when So-vile was on telly). They still do today, there's definitely "something" about him I don't like, and I can't put my finger on it! - annoying! ;-(
Curious that that article, on a site I've never heard of, comes up top of a Google search of Brendan Cox Save the Children. It's almost as if there's - gasp - a concerted campaign by the Roger tendency to muddy the waters. The BTL comments more than hint that way.

There may or may not be some substance to the unproven stories about his conduct, which were also reported last year in the Guardian and elsewhere. What relevance they have to his wife's murder and political work I have no idea.
>>Curious that that article, on a site I've never heard of, comes up top of a Google search of
>>Brendan Cox Save the Children.

Not curious, as it is a news site (not that I've ever heard of it) and it's the only news site to refer to StC recently.

>>and it's the only news site to refer to StC recently

Not really.....

Do a search, bloomin' millions of them in the last week alone.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 22 Jun 16 at 16:28
with Cox.
Ah.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - Focal Point
"... if she keeps us in then her death will not have been in vain..."

Ugh. Maybe that was just careless phrasing, but those words seem to indicate you regard Cox as a martyr to your cause.

Of course it is a great pity that her death occurred at all, but especially when and how it did. It has become a major distraction and has been used shamelessly by both sides. It has come to represent all that is nasty about this wretched referendum.

I have become increasingly depressed about the whole thing, about the irresponsibility of those who should know better and who will still be around after tomorrow, whatever the result, stained by their awfulness, pretending it never happened and that they are wholesome, trustworthy people - from the embarrassment that is Cameron to the unmentionable Farage and all those in between.

If ever there was a thing that ensured the public's cynicism and suspicion, and perhaps even hatred, of politicians, this has been it.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - Robin O'Reliant
The Jo Cox thing has got out of hand. Her death was a personal tragedy for her family, a blow to her constituents and an evil act of murder. But she was someone few if any of us had heard about until last Thursday (I doubt if Cameron was more than vaguely aware of her existence) and there is something rather unsettling about the Dianafication of her that has taken place since then. Anyone using her death to support their cause, whether for Remain or Leave has a very cynical and nasty streak in them.
At last, RR, something we can agree on in this grubby campaign.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - zippy
I started this thread because a young MP was seriously attacked (at the time we didn't know it was fatal) and witnesses said that the attacker shouted "Britain First" which is the name of a racist group.

I was not trying to make political points but felt shocked because Jo Cox was an MP who was elected and was therefore the representative for her community in Yorkshire and in my mind the attack on her was an attack on all of us and our way of life! It really was indignation - how dare someone attack an MP! I didn't vote for my MP but she is my representative and therefore an attack on her would be an attack on me and the system that I believe in.

I am truly disappointed at the political posturing on this thread. There were many other threads for that on this board and IMHO it just goes to show how bigoted and thoughtless some people are.

As for the comments re Jo Cox's charities etc. I am sure that all charitable organisations do things that others would baulk at, I suspect some cancer charities support vivisection for example.

Re the linked to photos - I think most photos on the net or in the media are edited in some way these days to make a point - it is a total non story.
 Jo Cox MP thread. Volume 2. - zippy
Guilty. Full life term.
Last edited by: zippy on Wed 23 Nov 16 at 19:07
 Hero George Medal Winner Dies (Jo Cox Thread v2). - zippy
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40931644

Sad news. To intervene when such a madman is viciously shooting and stabbing someone (15 times) take real bravery.

Some small consolation that he survived to get his medal.

RIP
 Hero George Medal Winner Dies (Jo Cox Thread v2). - Duncan

>> RIP
>>

What does it mean?

Yes, I know what it means, but what does it actually MEAN?
 Hero George Medal Winner Dies (Jo Cox Thread v2). - R.P.
World and his dog uses it these days on Social Networking even when their cat dies. However on Wiki'ing it it does seem rather appropriate in this case.

"This verse has been found inscribed in Hebrew on gravestones dating from the 1st century BC, in the graveyard of Bet Shearim. It speaks of the righteous person who died because he could not stand the evil surrounding him"
Latest Forum Posts