Non-motoring > You think WE have awful wet weather here! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 7

You think WE have awful wet weather here! - Roger.
From my Spanish dwelling (Facebook) friends I have been getting horrific pictures of severe flooding on the Western Costa del Sol, right through from Fuengirola to La Linea and Gibraltar.
Some videos and photographs show huge volumes of water from prolonged and heavy rain, pouring down the hills and inundating the coastal road, the A7 (formerly the N340) and continuing to devastate coastal towns and villages. Our very (5 minutes drive) local marina, Puerto de la Duquesa, where we spent many hours eating at restaurants and listening to a particular pal (semi-professional) singing is very badly hit.
The videos/photos include graphic flood scenes from the town where we lived during our 10 years in Spain and many landmarks and streets very well know to us are affected.
Thankfully none of our friends have been severely affected - just a bit of mopping up, a downed wall and a very soggy urbanisation to tidy up.
Ex-neighbours who have lived in the area for over 20 years had seen nothing like it!
 You think WE have awful wet weather here! - Dog
Been checking it out since yesterday:

www.expatforum.com/expats/spain-expat-forum-expats-living-spain/1181962-rain-spain-5.html#post11543226

:-(
Thanks for that link. Perro. I found the link to andaluz tv and some more piccies.
 You think WE have awful wet weather here! - The Melting Snowman
Caused by Brexit, no doubt.
...........or Melting Snowmen.
 You think WE have awful wet weather here! - henry k
1min 20 sec BBC weather report & video of events etc

www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/38210587
 You think WE have awful wet weather here! - helicopter
I had not seen that Roger...not very pleasant

The main problem I recall in that area was forest and scrub fire rather than rainfall

In years gone by I spent many happy times with SWMBO,my sister and brother in law sailing round the Med.The boat was based in Gib . I remember sitting drinking wine and watching a raging fire spreading behind La Linea for a couple of miles, must have been back in the 80's:

We used to pop up to Duquesa regularly from Gib. , moor up and dine in the restaurants there.

We would have dolphins playing in the bow wave as we sailed ...happy days.....

You think WE have awful wet weather here! - Mapmaker
No better in London.

www.standard.co.uk/news/london/islington-flooding-man-wakes-up-to-find-much-of-home-completely-destroyed-a3412971.html

Re fires, I landed in Girona and drove into France for a holiday about 5 years ago. A week later I drove back to Girona. The entirety of Spain (seemingly) had been torched during that time. Quite scary in retrospect.
Latest Forum Posts