Non-motoring > Just when you think you have seen it all Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 19

Just when you think you have seen it all - Zero
A USB powered wall hook.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze8jifMh034
 Just when you think you have seen it all - Rudedog
Real or fake?
 Just when you think you have seen it all - sherlock47
Why should it be fake. Probably cheaper than buying a glue gun!
 Just when you think you have seen it all - sherlock47
Further thoughts on how useful it l actually is.

let us segment the market in the UK

Let us start with 13 year olds, they will want pictures/ posters, of which (posters) 60% will be deemed unsuitable. Hence parental intervention/supervision/bedroom access is not 'permitted'. 80% will have phone chargers.

A Uni fresher. Rules say no holes in wall. Adhesive is acceptable if it can be removed with minimal damage. 98% of students will have phone/charger - actually 100% will have phones, but some will have wireless chargers -flash rich folk. Only 1% will have a hotmelt glue gun. 2% will have hammers.

20 -35 year olds will use pictures most will have phone chargers -and will like the idea - easy to order on line from the computer at work - if no sticky pads available to steal from the stationary cupboard, (do they still have those?) :) And can be relocated if the selected position is not aesthetically pleasing.

35 -55 The wife will do it - not all can use a power drill/ plasticplug/ no8 screw. No glueguns but lots of old chargers in the kitchen drawers.

55-75 spend all their time watching teardown boring videos, making facile posts to internet BREXIT forums, and do not buy new pictures anyway. Rich ones have the family photos displaying on the 55 inch TV in the lounge anyway.

75 + the cataracts have kicked in so holes in the wall do not matter - where is the hammer and that nail seems to have a spiral thread. But the picture covers up the flaking plaster anyway. They probably think that the IoT will be embedded in the hooks and monitor every move - not realising that the auto 999 call when no movement is detected is the key to eternal life.

Still adds up to a large number of potential users. Would love to have seen it floated on Dragons Den.

Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 5 Sep 19 at 10:06
 Just when you think you have seen it all - No FM2R
Kind of neat. But omigod, how boring is the person speaking?
 Just when you think you have seen it all - rtj70
That hook with the type of glue used for adhesion isn't going to be any better than with a sticky pad. It won't take that much weight. I suppose with the inbuilt heater it's easy to remove too.

Also like one with a sticky pad, only useful on smooth, clean surfaces.
 Just when you think you have seen it all - Manatee
>> That hook with the type of glue used for adhesion isn't going to be any
>> better than with a sticky pad.

I thought it was quite clever. Hot melt glue is pretty strong, probably better than sticky pads, although that likely depends on the materials being joined.
 Just when you think you have seen it all - VxFan
>> omigod, how boring is the person speaking?

Big Clive has a massive following. Take a look at some of his other videos, and you'll see he's anything but boring. He's completely barking. He likes blowing up stuff too.
I'll take your word for it. I found his meandering droning voice irritating beyond measure.
>> I'll take your word for it. I found his meandering droning voice irritating beyond measure.

You philistine. Big Clive is a GOD,

Notice the burn marks on his workbench?

Scars from this hilarious episode.

I'll save you from the preamble, and lead you in at the apposite moment. Synopsis is that he is taking batteries apart.

youtu.be/tBg4ximDrsk?t=917

The term "explosive containment pie dish" is the work of genius.
Fundamentally the idea of taking things apart, blowing them up, causing them to catch fire and all the rest of it appeals to me.

But in this case the videos are *really* slooooow moving and his droning voice only serves to emphasise that.
 Just when you think you have seen it all - VxFan
>> I'll take your word for it. I found his meandering droning voice irritating beyond measure.

You need to see beyond the voice.

I think I mentioned he's barking mad.

youtu.be/JS3rDQ_pLFs?t=7m45s

youtu.be/k1IjOi9cBsE

Warning, the following won't be to everyone's taste. Made me laugh though.

youtu.be/mcDgOGC5Lcc
>> Kind of neat. But omigod, how boring is the person speaking?

Now you may think Big Clive is boring, but this bloke really takes the biscuit.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3vZEwwbCIU
 Just when you think you have seen it all - Duncan
Who do I see about getting that 12 minutes 49 seconds of my life back?
Anything that shortens your life span is worthy in my book.
It just seems to make it longer.
 Just when you think you have seen it all - sooty123
He does have a very dull style and makes everything seem very long winded. Not someone's videos i could sit and watch.
 Just when you think you have seen it all - Crankcase
I quite like Big Clive too. I had a couple of queries about electronic stuff and he was good enough to answer them and make a video about ithem as well.

He's involved with the electrical stuff at the Edinburgh Tattoo as well, if you look at his feed. He also has a brother with his own channel. Occasionally he and Ralph do a shared episode, and they are as mad as each other.

Hmm. Amusing Anecdote at this point deleted by swear filter. Oh well.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 17 Sep 18 at 07:29
 Just when you think you have seen it all - Cliff Pope
>> Who do I see about getting that 12 minutes 49 seconds of my life back?
>>

That's easy. Next time you do a long car journey, just break the speed limits, make a few reckless overtakes, jump some lights, cut up a few people on roundabouts, Hey Presto ! you have clipped 12 minutes 49 seconds off your journey time.
Then you need to sit down and work out what you are going to spend that time on. Have a cup of coffee, watch a few Youtube clips, perhaps? Or you could do something important or useful for humanity - compose some music, write a poem, perform a brain operation - whatever happens to be your thing.
>> Or you could do something important or useful for humanity - compose some music, write a
>> poem, perform a brain operation - whatever happens to be your thing.
>>

As it is, I already spend every waking hour helping those less fortunate than myself - fallen women, for example. I don't see that I could realistically do more.
Latest Forum Posts