Non-motoring > Jasper Carrott & Alistair Mcgowan Miscellaneous
Thread Author: helicopter Replies: 11

Jasper Carrott & Alistair Mcgowan - helicopter
Went to see these two on tour yesterday evening and what a joy it was....Carrott in particular has lost none of his comic timing and had me crying with laughter at times

I would thoroughly recommend seeing them if you can get tickets.
 Jasper Carrott & Alistair Mcgowan - Duncan
www.jaspercarrott.com/live/an-evening-shared-with-jasper-carrot-and-alistair-mcgowan/

I used to love Jasper Carrott, but when he got political it turned me off.
 Jasper Carrott & Alistair Mcgowan - R.P.
Both very talented ! Saw Rob Brydon and Rich Hall last month - this month is two recordings of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue...bring it on !
I never thought Carrott was overly political, at last nights gig the nearest he came to politics was an aside about Trump...
.." where's Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him'...

A mixture of old favourites and new material he came out with a good gag about booking a holiday in Iceland...'going for five nights .....and one day.
 Jasper Carrott & Alistair Mcgowan - BiggerBadderDave
'had me crying with laughter at times'

That happens to me whenever a Brummie speaks.
To be fair Dave, Carrott is the first to be taking the p out of himself and his Birmingham heritage.

Talking about his understanding of women he asked the question...

'You know that look that women get when they are sexually aroused'?

.. immaculately timed pause....

' No ? neither do I'

Made me laugh out loud and I had heard him do that joke before.
 Jasper Carrott & Alistair Mcgowan - BiggerBadderDave
I used to enjoy Jasper Carrot and I'm sure I still would.

I remember listening to his stuff on LP at a school friend's house, so that was late 70s. And Billy Connolly, too, he was always playing that.

His dad had a white coke-bottle Cortina.

The first comedy show I saw live was
Billy Connolly in 1979 at Crawley Leisure Centre .

SWMBO was pregnant at the time and she was afraid to get up to go to the toilet because he was merciless on anyone who moved....

A heckler was crushed by him asking..

'Hey you what are you going to do for a face when King Kong wants his a**e back?

Max Boyce also was good back in the day.

Also saw Carrott when he did a tour with Phil Cool in the 80's .

Anybody else remember seeing Richard Digance live in the 70's? He is till going strong 50 years on and excellent live.

Last edited by: helicopter on Mon 5 Nov 18 at 22:42
 Jasper Carrott & Alistair Mcgowan - rtj70
I saw Max Boyce live a few times - might have been mid/late 80s. Also Ken Dodd. I know I shouldn't admit to that.

I not sure how young I'd have been but remember watching the likes of Dave Allen and Jasper Carrott on TV. I was fairly young and it was probably early 80s.
 Jasper Carrott & Alistair Mcgowan - Kevin
>A heckler was crushed by him asking..

>'Hey you what are you going to do for a face when King Kong wants his a**e back?

Best putdown I've heard was when Mrs K and I were in a nightclub in Cape Town in the early 80s. There was a drag act on stage and there was a guy in the audience (obviously inebriated) heckling. The act ignored him for about 20 seconds, and when it became obvious he wasn't going to shut up, he stopped and said:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to the only virgin in the room..... A perfect c^&*"

The heckler clammed up and never made another murmer.

I'm pretty sure that the club was called The Crazy Horse in Seapoint and although I had to borrow a tie from the cloakroom to get in, the fact that I was carrying a handgun didn't bother them in the slightest.
 Jasper Carrott & Alistair Mcgowan - Lygonos

Doug Stanhope sweary anti-heckle:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvHahxhXTfU
 Jasper Carrott & Alistair Mcgowan - Zero

>> I was carrying a handgun didn't bother them in the slightest.

Or were you just pleased to see him, errr Her?
Latest Forum Posts