Non-motoring > To The Mods: Thanks! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 47

To The Mods: Thanks! - zippy
Clearly not the easiest place on the net to moderate and all volunteers I guess!?

Thanks!
 To The Mods: Thanks! - No FM2R
A thankless task at best.

Since it went a bit sideways on a day when I was not posting because I was busy, do I assume that the mods would prefer I posted on controversial things much more often to avoid it going wrong again?
 To The Mods: Thanks! - smokie
Oh yes, bring it on, now we know where the bad-ass buttons are... LOL
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Old Navy
I hope you can't email a few thousand volts to an IP address. :-)
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Lygonos

>>I hope you can't email a few thousand volts to an IP address. :-)

*removes phone from lap*
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Zero
I have a spark arrester installed on the line

I love the "no speculation" comment! WTH we know who it was, and of course we are going to speculate and gossip,
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Pat
Well, I was in bed before 20.30 so it wasn't me!

Pat
Lucky you, these days I mostly just verbally thank SWMBO if the meal was good!! :-)
 To The Mods: Thanks! - VxFan
>> Lucky you, these days I mostly just verbally thank SWMBO if the meal was good!! :-)

For a minute there I thought you had replied in the wrong thread. Then the penny dropped.

I blame it on lack of sleep. I don't get many zzzz's as it is, but for some reason last night I got even fewer zzzz's. Not helped by the neighbour's dog also waking me up at 5am! Which reminds me, I must discover a way to make his dogs bark before I go to bed and see how he likes it ;)
I thought that too but then I fell in!

I have the same trouble with phone calls in, what is other people's evening, but after our bedtime.

Even though they know our start times they still ring at around 7.30pm and I always tell them I can't talk now but will call them back in the morning.

I only have to call back at 01.30 once and they never do it again:)

Pat
Last edited by: Pat on Fri 9 Nov 18 at 16:12
 To The Mods: Thanks! - legacylad
To quieten the dogs do what a few of the thieving scroats have begun doing in my part of the world...according to my police contacts.
When stealing quads and other farm machinery, they liberally lace meat with drugs, use a catapult to get the food into the farmyard where the dogs are, then once incapacitated carry on with the thieving.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - R.P.
That's a step too far for moderators
>> That's a step too far for moderators

Quite. The grumpy git next door has already accused me of poisoning and killing his last dog. Poisoning him on the other hand might not be such a bad idea ;)
And if the neighbour tried that at my place he would be eating my garden fork.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - bathtub tom
>>When stealing quads and other farm machinery, they liberally lace meat with drugs, use a >>catapult to get the food into the farmyard where the dogs are, then once incapacitated carry >>on with the thieving.

A local report said they soaked a frankfurter with anti-freeze, which resulted in the death of the dog.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - BiggerBadderDave
Runfer, without a doubt...
I reckon it was the Dodgy Doc:0 :)

Sorry Mods!

Pat
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Lygonos
Iffy got out the asylum briefly.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - movilogo
Well done mods.

Sometimes tough actions are required to deliver a strong message.

Please keep up the good work.

I visit C4Play to have some fun and forget stress in real life. But lately real life became less stressful than C4play =:o)

Let us all be friends again.

To The Mods: Thanks! - CGNorwich
When you think about it friendship with someone you dont know and who posts under an alias is a pretty doubtful concept.

I think we're perhaps being a little hypocritical if we pretend we don't enjoy the occasional spat between members. The number of posts always rises significantly when the usual suspects get going. Bit like the crowd around a pub fight I suppose.

To The Mods: Thanks! - zippy
>> When you think about it friendship with someone you dont know and who posts under
>> an alias is a pretty doubtful concept.
>>
>> I think we're perhaps being a little hypocritical if we pretend we don't enjoy the
>> occasional spat between members. The number of posts always rises significantly when the usual suspects
>> get going. Bit like the crowd around a pub fight I suppose.
>>
>>
>>

Nothing wrong with a spat, it's when they get out of hand and ugly that they're not enjoyable.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Cliff Pope
>> The number of posts always rises significantly when the usual suspects
>> get going. Bit like the crowd around a pub fight I suppose.
>>

I've always likened a good forum to a noisy pub, and the participants to actors in a soap opera.
No one is real - everyone is playing a part, having selected the character they would like to be.

So I've never taken spats and flounces seriously - people are just following the script - my character is going to be provocative now, or throw a tantrum, or be rude about X or Y.
It's a bit like MPs in the Commons, except that we can't be buddies afterwards because we don't exist.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - CGNorwich
I think you are right. Just like a soap a forum needs baddies, characters we love to hate. It needs to be a bit of a melodrama or otherwise it’s likely to descend into a discussion on Yorkshire puddings.
>> it’s
>> likely to descend into a discussion on Yorkshire puddings.
>>

Careful! There is another batter-related thread at this very moment. :)
 To The Mods: Thanks! - helicopter

I assume that it was to do with the Brexit thread.

I became so fed up with the sniping I gave up reading it at around Page 50.

However the three that I most suspected are still here but I am sure that we will suss out who has gone fairly soon....not that many left to choose from .

To The Mods: Thanks! - henry k
>> I assume that it was to do with the Brexit thread.
>>
>> I became so fed up with the sniping I gave up reading it at around Page 50.
>>
I did not event start to read it :-))))
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Runfer D'Hills
Eh, what, pardon? I was driving most of yesterday evening and missed it all.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - The Melting Snowman
Nor me, I always seem to miss the fun.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Haywain
Yes - well done to the mods; they run the joint very effectively.
Thanks Guys (and Gal).
Rubbish, I blame Dave
#Notmeeither

But I've sometimes thought it must be fun to be a loose cannon. :)
Well I guess everyone has worked out who it was now, by their absence.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Duncan
And they did exactly what they said they were going to do.
I've removed speculation and clues, please desist, as requested.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - sherlock47
and I missed all the fun.
I've just noticed mods get a little torch symbol by their name, like a cinema usherette.
More like something from Harry Potter. What has the miscreant been turned into?
mashable.com/article/popular-harry-potter-spells/?europe=true#MCjcBSlSpSqR
>> I've just noticed mods get a little torch symbol by their name, like a cinema
>> usherette.

And do they serve ice cream? no they don't. Useless sods.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Duncan
>> I've just noticed mods get a little torch symbol by their name, like a cinema
>> usherette.
>>

You've been here 451 weeks and you've just noticed that?

Jeesus H!!
>> usherette.

Perhaps they wear tutus?
>> Perhaps they wear tutus?

Only when there is a Y in the day of the week.
I've received an email to my address registered with car4play from, I assume, the person barred from it. It's from: armistice1914@gmail.com

How on earth did they get my email address and I still don't know who they are!
Bathtub Tom (and anyone else)

Firstly can I say there has been no data breach of our system.

The email that has been sent to you, and some other forum members has come from rtj70. All I can guess is that he has had some previous correspondence with you, for him to have your details, or your details are visible in your profile settings.

rtj70 is no longer an active member of this forum, as of last Thursday evening.

I won't bore you with all the details, other than to say that he wanted to return tonight with a new username to post what he has subsequently emailed some of you.

At 21:04 Sunday evening, he emailed the moderators asking permission to post it.
At 21:33 he emailed us again saying "I’ll just email the members then"

It would seem he couldn't wait longer than 29 minutes for one of us to reply to him.

I for one am not attached to my phone or pc 24/7, and neither are the other 2 moderators. We do have lives away from here.

I'll end by saying that we accept no responsibility for any emails that he, or anyone else sends to you. We would only ever pass on your details following your permission.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 12 Nov 18 at 09:09
I've had one too but my email address is in my profile and open to anyone.

He has emailed me in the past and this last one has been filed where the others are....in the deleted items folder.

The only thing I would like to echo from the email is that >>I hope Movilogo is not offended<< and hope we see him around soon.

Pat
 To The Mods: Thanks! - movilogo
I have received same email from armtice address. But I received in an address which is not registered to C4P but to HJ site!

IIRC, the banned member was a moderator in HJ site. So he must have kept a copy of all members emails from there.

This is professional misconduct and breach of trust.
 To The Mods: Thanks! - Bromptonaut
Nothing received here but my .demon.co.uk login email is no longer active.
Latest Forum Posts