Non-motoring > Black Friday already? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 16

Black Friday already? - Crankcase
Can't believe it's been year since the last BF deal day, on which I bought nothing. I think I asked here last time if anyone was going to buy anything and everyone said no.

Will you be buying something wondrous this time? I see some Amazon deals are already available, so if you want a half price coffee machine or "smart" lamp now's your chance.

www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Friday-Deals/b/?ie=UTF8&node=161428031&ref=nav_cs_gb
 Black Friday already? - Cliff Pope
It's like Christmas - shop early for Black Friday. Only 3 days to go !
 Black Friday already? - smokie
I might need a new phone, depending on the outcome of a rebuild I'm tying to get done! If so, I'd definitely see if there were bargains to be had on Friday.
 Black Friday already? - Bobby
Looking for a sound bar as a gift for someone.
£100 limit.

Richer sounds have one at £99 which may fit the bill.
www.richersounds.com/jbl-bar-studio-black.html
 Black Friday already? - Dieselboy
I'm after a 40 inch 4k telly. They seem to be in short supply, unlike 43 inch. That's too big for the space though.
I'm still using the projector I got for £50 from Amazon, a 100 inch screen I got for a tenner from eBay, and an Amazon Firestick plugged into the projector. With a sub to Netflix and Amazon Prime/BFI, I have a zillion movies to see on a seriously big screen for the outlay of Not Very Much.

Wouldn't have it as the main tv, though it could be done, but for a night at the movies it works really well for the dosh.
 Black Friday already? - Stuartli
Try this Samsung 40in set offer:

tinyurl.com/yaymzycr

There are other offers for that particular screen size from various retailers.
 Black Friday already? - Dieselboy
Thank you
 Black Friday already? - No FM2R
I love this idea that people believe various retailers will give stuff away at huge discounts on Black Friday.

Do you know that retailers buy stock *just for* Black Friday? That retailers save all their out of date, previous model and end of line stuff that they simply cannot sell on the basis that they'll be able to sell if on BF? That retailers take all their good stock *off* the floor so that they don't have to discount it?

I guess that there are a few who find a bargain on something they actually wanted, but the vast majority end up with something they didn't want, isn't worth the money, and that the retailer wouldn't dream of selling during the rest of the year.

Lemming crowd management at it's most valuable best.
As that reply was to mine, No FM2R, I'm guessing you aimed it at me. Yes, I knew that. I won't be buying anything, unless...wait... it's got a flashing red light. FLASHING I tell you.

Black Friday already? - No FM2R
Not aimed at anybody, Crankcase, just on the same subject.

And I was excluding anything with a flashing red light; essential equipment, as any fule kno.
 Black Friday already? - Roger.
I might be looking for a Lenovo Yoga with SSD!
 Black Friday already? - Duncan
Black Friday?

Bah! Humbug!
 Black Friday already? - legacylad
You are aware it’s next Friday the 23rd, the day after Thanksgiving ?

I was invited to join my Northern CA friends for a turkey dinner this year, but sadly it’s all a bit smokey and they live 100 miles south of the main fire.
 Black Friday already? - VxFan
I'm surprised the snowflakes haven't started objecting to it being called Black Friday yet.
 Black Friday already? - Dog
Yew and me think alike squire, sometimes.

;-)
 Black Friday already? - Zero
No doubt about that at all.
Latest Forum Posts