Non-motoring > Feedback and surveys Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 8

Feedback and surveys - Crankcase
Every time I do anything on the internet, I get an email asking me to fill in some stupid feedback survey. I ignore them and then they ask again. And again.

Last week I ordered some oil over the phone. It came. They sent three emails asking for my feelings about how well they'd walked up my garden path with a giant hose.

I ordered some goods. They came. The blinking courier, never mind the supplier, wanted me to do a survey on how well they'd delivered it. How do I know? The goods arrived. That's it.

Is there really any value in these surveys for companies? I'd be doing ten a day if I did any of them them all.

Anybody else fill them in?

Last edited by: Crankcase on Tue 20 Nov 18 at 18:07
 Feedback and surveys - No FM2R
If they are in the top 10% of the range of experience I expect then I fill them in.

If they are in the bottom 10% of the range of experience I expect then I fill them in.

The other 80% of mediocrity I ignore.
 Feedback and surveys - Zero
Virgin media is the worse. Every time their attack dog sniffs you at the gates of the web server, a gazzilion surveys gets spewed at you. They even send you a survey to find out why you didnt answer the survey.
 Feedback and surveys - Bromptonaut
I don't generally complete them. Was told by somebody that Citroen UK's survey results in a 'stewards' inquiry' into any score below 80%. I think staff have better things to do than respond to consequences of me having an off day.

Am though tempted to contact the award winning chain Fish and Chippery I visited in Scarborough on Sunday. Couldn't fault the fish or the chips. Service was polite and charming but utterly lacking in organisation. We ordered post prandial coffee at 2pm and still no sign 20 minutes later. Car was 3/4 of a mile away and 'legit' until 3. Sat just in front of bar servery I was well aware of lack of any proper organisation.

I also think somewhere which is upstairs and wraps Christmas lights round a bannister rail lacks a big chunk of common sense. Response to my suggestion that I might need it to steady myself was met with response that people could use the lift!!
 Feedback and surveys - Dog
Yus, I always fills 'em in - my way of saying thank you if I've received good service. I orders a lorra stuff online BTW.

Last year I had my CRV serviced and received a feedback request from Honda HQ, this year (last month) I had I had 3 issues with the service carried out by a different Honda pain dealer but haven't received a feed back request, yet.

Feedback and surveys - Haywain
We get a survey if we visit the local surgery. I was so impressed with my GP when she diagnosed an infected kidney (which was barely distinguishable from flu) that I bought her a bunch of flowers and told her that she was an absolute genius. She gave me a hug and told me that all they seem to get these days is complaints.

I ignore the surveys though because, if I tell the truth, the wait for an appointment is likely to become even longer.
 Feedback and surveys - Cliff Pope
I give feedback on ebay to private sellers or small shops, because they need the praise and it helps other buyers if they can see that someone has a high rating.
But not to dealers and big sellers - it's their job to give good service, not mine to monitor it for them.

It's interesting that people don't value negative feedback so highly.
I once bought a clock for a Triumph 2000. It's a rather elegant square about 2" across in a chrome frame. The seller said it was tested and working. When it came, it didn't work. I got my money back, and she admitted it wasn't tested. It's not very difficult to connect a 12v clock to a battery to see if the hands move.

When I got the request for feedback I gave it negative. She was absolutely furious, and couldn't understand why I'd done that, saying she'd refunded the money so what was the problem?
So now when someone else considers buying one of her items they'll read that she doesn't really test things, just hopes they work. Which is what honest people do in the first place- they say untested.

(It was extraordinarily difficult to find one that did work, so in the end I dismantled an ordinary round one and rebuilt mine with the square face but replacement mechanism)
 Feedback and surveys - Mapmaker
>> she admitted it wasn't tested.

Foolish; she should have said: "all our items are tested, it must have failed after testing, it has been in stock for a long while, I am so sorry perhaps I should have retested it before sending it to you, but perhaps it was damaged in transit."

>>Which is what honest people do in the first place- they say untested.

Except, because she said tested she was offering a guarantee. If she had said untested you would not have been (or felt you were) able to return it.

Not to defend her, but just to offer a different take on customer servicing.
 Feedback and surveys - Manatee
>> Every time I do anything on the internet, I get an email asking me to
>> fill in some stupid feedback survey.

>> Anybody else fill them in?

Is this a survey?

Always
Usually
Sometimes
Rarely [this one]
Never
Last edited by: Manatee on Wed 21 Nov 18 at 12:57
Latest Forum Posts