Non-motoring > One for Haywain. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: helicopter Replies: 2

One for Haywain. - helicopter
Friends around for a meal tonight and SWMBO put on a Milos CD.

These friend were the ones we were going with to see Milos at our local theatre . His concerts were cancelled twice due to his RSI problems some 4 years ago.

I just looked online and he is back performing in our local theatre on 4th October.

4 tickets booked , maybe this time we will get to see him live.
 One for Haywain. - Haywain
Excellent - I'm delighted to hear that you've got tickets to see Miloš; let's just hope that he doesn't overdo it again and repeat the injury. My wife and I went to see him last August - again at Snape Maltings. He informed the audience that his last concert had been at Snape before his RSI problems started and that this appearance was his first big return concert.

The concert last year was billed as 'Miloš and friends' - the friends were, as far as I remember, 2 violins, 2 violas, 2 cellos and a double bass. I imagined that Miloš would be taking it a bit easier but no, he played, I think, on every piece - sometimes solo, sometimes with said 'friends'.

If pressed, I would have said that his playing seemed a little more subdued than when we had last seen him but that might not be entirely fair as when we saw him previously at Snape, we were sitting on the floor (promming) about 5 yds in front of him and he played without amplification. This time, we were halfway back in the hall and he was amplified.

Miloš is playing at the Apex concert hall at Bury St Edmunds on 3rd October, so we'll be gentle with him. You'd better just check your date, though, according to his website, he doesn't have anything for 4th Oct; he is due to appear at Horsham, however, on the 5th.
milosguitar.com/live/
 One for Haywain. - helicopter
Whoops you are correct H. Slip of the fingers above,checked the booking and 5th October it is. In mitigation, I had been experimenting mixing cocktails....vodka and creme de cassis( apparently called a Desiree ) after wine with our meal is a recipe for a sore head today..

Plenty of time now to look forward to the concert and heres hoping we get to actually see him this time. Third row central seats .

Latest Forum Posts