Non-motoring > Virgin media complaints procedure short version Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 7

Virgin media complaints procedure short version - smokie
I am going to cut an extraordinarily long story short.

I had simultaneous pixelation problems on both TiVos for more than a year. Repeated calls to their (overseas I suspect) helpline always started out (after the long wait and authentication) with me having to give them the serials , turn a box off and on (reboot time > 5 minutes) and then them "running tests" which showed everything as normal. One time they insisted I change "the box" as it was "definitely faulty" (but then why was the other one failing too, and why can you not transfer my settings and recordings?)

Repeated engineer calls mostly resulted in an engineer showing up, either "running tests" and declaring it clean (despite being shown recordings with the problem), or changing all the cable ends, or some other testing and not being able to reproduce the problem.

I suggested to them (call centre and engineers) numerous times that they should change the cable running from the road to the house, as it had been in since we had cable installed more than 20 years ago and it fed both boxes so would be good to rule out.

Some time before it was fixed, I got so pee'd off with it that I called the cancellations people and raised a complaint, that each "new" event always started at the beginning of the fault finding flow chart and they never got past page 1, despite me asking for escalations. The cancellation people said they had raised a complaint and a manager would call me back in three days.

Unsurprisingly, they didn't, I ended up calling in again, getting a more receptive engineer, who changed the cable and the problem was fixed. That was a few weeks ago. I was going to leave it there.

Yesterday I received a letter. It started out saying we have been trying to contact you but "have not been able to reach you on your contact numbers.". None of those numbers have missed calls or messages. That really got my back up, no need to lie was there! It gave me a complaint ref number and asked me to text the number to a phone number where "a member of our messenger team will contact you".

So about 14:30 yesterday I did it, expecting to speak with someone fairly quickly. But no! It was an automated service. It didn't recognise the complaint number and went through asking for my name, account number and phone number which iy still didn't recognise and it said it would put me onto a person who can help. At 16:58 Aruna turned up on the same text sequence and promised to resolve my complaint but presumably as he couldn't see the preceding messages we had to go through name, number rtc again.

So we hadn't even got properly going, as he was obviously dealing with stuff other than me, and within about 20 minutes he sent a message "I will now be returning this conversation to the queue as it is the end of my shift. Do not worry. We will pick it up and respond back to you as soon as possible". I immediately asked "will we be carrying out this entire escalation by text" but got no reply.

Today at 07:04 "Good morning, apologies for keeping you waiting (!!!), we just wanted to know if you still wanted some help with your query. Please type Yes or No." I didn't respond Yes till 10:49 as I had other stuff to do, and their response was "Hi, I'm Virgin Media's Virtual Assistant, how can I help you?" and we went through the whole repeat of it not recognising me and eventually at 13:36 I got exchanging texts with Shweta who "can certainly help me today". Beforehand I had called Vitrin again and spoke to a UK person and just asked them to log the issue in my record, so I can refer to it later if required.

Shweta tried his/her best to empathise and help, with their limited English, but as we weren't going to get anywhere I decided to let them off the hook and just ask to confirm that my earlier call was in my record. It was. Shweta said he/she fully understood how I felt. They summarised the issue (wrongly really) which I said yeah, thanks, bye and Shweta said "I am raising a complaint to capture your dissatisfaction..." and gave me a complaint number, at which I fell off my chair laughing.

So there it is. I am going to complain properly and part of the point of typing it here was so I can then copy paste to a formal complaint - probably OFCOM or something. I have screen shots of nearly all of the text exchanges. I'm not even really sure what the complaint is now but I've wasted enough time already that another short time won't help.

I've also currently got incompetence type issues with my local doc surgery (getting a prescription issued - 4 attempts so far) and Accor hotels (refunds not yet made for cancellations in July), and Asda opticians haven't called me back as they said they would on a fairly significant matter. I expect you all think I'm mad but I think I'm still sane and still not really a complainer - yet I don't even think any of it can be blamed on the pandemic.

Thank you for reading. Have a Great Day (as Shweta signed off!) :-)
 Virgin media complaints procedure short version - Kevin
I had to call the Morgan Stanley helpdesk last week because I couldn't logon to my online account. Phone number from outside US is an automatic Call Collect number, so no charges, and was answered almost immediately by a genuine New Yorker who put me through to my account advisor. Apparently my W8 and id details had expired and the IRS wanted them updated. I sorted that out and called again today to get my logon fixed. It took a bit of time because their usual 'enable account xxxx' didn't work so the helpdesk guy had to resort to recreating my account manually which involved texting multiple one-time codes to me but everything was fixed within 15 minutes.
Really professional and efficient.
 Virgin media complaints procedure short version - tyrednemotional
...and now all your money is in Venezuela.....

;-)
 Virgin media complaints procedure short version - Zero
>> ...and now all your money is in Venezuela.....
>>
>> ;-)
It arrived pixelated.
> ...and now all your money is in Venezuela.....
> ;-)

BVI.

An interesting end to my conversation with the helpdesk guy was when he told me that Morgan Stanley were starting to use Voice Recognition to automatically route calls and also to confirm id. So, if I called them again they shouldn't have to go through the security questions. Would I like to use it?
After saying that I would he said "Thank-you, it has a good profile of your voice already from our conversation so is there anything else I can help you with?"

It seems that the "Calls may be recorded" also includes running it through their voice recognition system.
Last edited by: Kevin on Thu 24 Sep 20 at 23:45
 Virgin media complaints procedure short version - Zero
Voice stress patterning has been used for some time, if you phone up to make an insurance claim you are voice checked to see if you are lying
 Virgin media complaints procedure short version - Falkirk Bairn
My Mother-in-Law died 8 years ago. Settling the estate was easy - apart from Virgin Media

They took all payments monthly from my Bank Account. I phoned then to tell them of the death and wanted their equipment taken away and a refund of the month in advance balance.

1) They would not refund my bank account as they did not know who was entitled to a refund of my money

2) They arranged pick-up of ancient kit - failed to keep 2 x appointments at the MiL's house - we waited hours as it was collected between 2pm & 5pm. 3rd time lucky they came to my house.

3) Cheque arrived payable to my MiL - they wanted the cheque back before issuing another for the £40

4) After 2 weeks they emailed my MiL (my email account in "her name") asking why she was leaving Virgin and was there anything they could do!!!!!!

Customers die every day - how could they get it so wrong?
Latest Forum Posts