Non-motoring > I think I live in a different world..... Computing Issues
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 6

I think I live in a different world..... - No FM2R
FBI busts militia 'plot' to abduct Michigan Gov Gretchen Whitmer

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54470427

Kind of makes you wonder why Americans are so scared of foreign terrorism when they have this kind of home-grown lowlife.
 I think I live in a different world..... - Duncan
Every nation has people who are barking.

The difference is that in the good ol' USA they are barking mad with guns.
 I think I live in a different world..... - zippy
You can bet that if they were black / Arabic / Muslim Americans then it would be called terrorism!
 I think I live in a different world..... - Falkirk Bairn
Americans think they are the land of the free - free to protest, carry guns etc etc

A son lives in Texas - employees are not allowed to bring guns into the office. He thinks about 40-50% have guns & ammunition in their cars & pickup trucks parked in the company multi-storey. At home many have more fire power, shotguns, rifles + auto firing - protection & sport are the reasons.

Raging CV in May/June ad little heed to CV avoidance - you cannot tell people to observe caution as they are free to do what they like.

400,000 people attended a motorcycle meeting over an Aug?/Sept ? week in South Dakota - no masks, no distancing etc etc They came from all over the US - estimated CV count was 250,000 - 60% of attendees who then went home on their bikes.

Wisconsin, North Dakota & South Dakota have raging infection now - all 3 are sparsely populated states.
 I think I live in a different world..... - sooty123
400,000 people attended a motorcycle meeting over an Aug?/Sept ? week in South Dakota -
>> no masks, no distancing etc etc They came from all over the US - estimated
>> CV count was 250,000 - 60% of attendees who then went home on their bikes.
>>
>>

Thanks I did wonder why there was a large number of people showing up in what are very rural areas.
 I think I live in a different world..... - R.P.
My Bike event in Oxford last month attracted a capped 400 attendees. I had an e-mail earlier this week to say that there were no reported Covid cases amongst the group. In fairness, it felt safe, I camped this year and presentations were limited to 30 in the audience. I was reluctant to to go at one point, but decided that on balance the risk was low.
 I think I live in a different world..... - Terry

Duncan
"Every nation has people who are barking.

The difference is that in the good ol' USA they are barking mad with guns"

And in the good ol' US of A barking starts at the very top!
Last edited by: Terry on Fri 9 Oct 20 at 14:56
Latest Forum Posts