Take your Mrs to the theatre for free!

From this evening at 1900 apparently.

Search for “The Shows Must Go On”

Free for 48 hours apparently.

Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds Free on YouTube - zippy
youtu.be/5dA36xQiLpw
 Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds Free on YouTube - Dog
Thanks for that zippo.
 Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds Free on YouTube - R.P.
Great. We has Long Way Up to watch tonight as well.
 Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds Free on YouTube - Crankcase
Well, just watched that and it was fab. Thanks zippy.

Mind you, if we'd gone to the O2 and seen it live we'd still have got out of the car park quicker than sitting through the credits.

However hard I google, I can never really get a handle on Jeff Wayne and why this seemed to be the only thing he ever did, and it's still making shed loads of money 42 years later.
 Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds Free on YouTube - Dog
Brilliant stuff - watched it over 2 nights. I've downloaded it to 4K video so have it 'tll the end of time.

I even dusted orf the ole Panasonic sound base, put it on the floor (boards) and had the place rocking!
 Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds Free on YouTube - No FM2R
Kind of leads me into wondering how I'd forgotten how much I love "Days of Future Passed". Perhaps my favourite album ever.
>> Kind of leads me into wondering how I'd forgotten how much I love "Days of
>> Future Passed".

50th anniversary edition on vinyl all yours on Amazon, for £173. Crikey.

As to spending too much time, Steam tells you how many hours you've played a game. It turns out I've spent over 5200 hours on one. That's over seven months of my life, 24 hours a day.

Oh dear oh dear.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 26 Oct 20 at 19:13
Heck!

Fortunately "Days of Future Passed (Expanded Edition) 17 songs, 1hr 9min" free on Spotify if you have family membership.

And I'm listening to it right now (Track 6, Evening), very loudly, down the bottom of the garden in a hammock where nobody can hear or disturb me.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 20 Jan 21 at 10:38
Unless you have a turntable in your hammock, it sounds awful, even with Spotify's "extreme" setting.

You know you want the real thing.
I do not even own a turntable. Or a tape deck or a CD player.

I do, on the other hand, have an f.gert big pair of speakers and a sub-woofer wired into my phone currently shaking the parrots from the trees with the bass notes in Nights in White Satin.
p.s Spotify's extreme setting? Wossat?
>> p.s Spotify's extreme setting? Wossat?

Sorry, don't use it on a phone very often. I just checked and it only offers "Very High" there, but on my tablet it's called extreme.

I know "extreme" is 320kbps, dunno what "very high" is. Probably the same thing, they update it every two minutes and things break. Drives me bonkers.

Last week it would play something similar to that which you have been listening when it ends. This week, it doesn't. The option is still there in settings, it just doesn't work (for me anyway).

Right, now you've made me think of the Moody Blues, it's time to put In Search Of The Lost Chord on my turntable. Which will be lovely. But if I put some Hawkwind space rock on afterwards, Mrs C won't be talking to me for a week.

So I might do that.

Edit: shoulda googled first. "Very High" is the same as "extreme".

Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 26 Oct 20 at 20:08
Oh, I've got very high I thought I might be missing out.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Mon 26 Oct 20 at 20:10
Allegedly they are about to release "hifi quality", which will be an extra cost. But that's been on the Spotify "about to" cards for some time now...

I do like Spotify very much though, especially as they've just sent me a free google mini thingy. Use it a lot.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 26 Oct 20 at 20:15
Latest Forum Posts