Non-motoring > I thought I'd left punctures behind me...... Legal Questions
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 7

I thought I'd left punctures behind me...... - No FM2R
How many times do you think you could use the f-word repairing a puncture on a scooter?

It is acknowledged that there is a problem in the design in that the valve stem is too long to fit into the rim curve and the hole in the rim. Official advice is, don't try to force it, just keep wiggling it and it will eventually slot in. Which actually turned out to be true but took 15 minutes.

The tyre is small and rigid and the lip on the rim is high making fitting the tyre over it a knuckle stripping challenge.

It is further acknowledged that in order to try to partially resolve the first problem the valve stem is so short that it is virtually, just not quite, impossible to attach the adaptor from the pump without deflating the tyre each time you unscrew it.

How many times do you think you could use the f-word repairing a puncture on a scooter for the second time when an hour after the first attempt the tyre deflated because the newly purchased repair kit turned out to include glue which failed in it's primary function due to its age?

FML.
 I thought I'd left punctures behind me...... - legacylad
Employ a plebian for such mundane tasks ?
 I thought I'd left punctures behind me...... - Bromptonaut
>> The tyre is small and rigid and the lip on the rim is high making
>> fitting the tyre over it a knuckle stripping challenge.

Anybody who has tried to fit a Schwalbe Marathon to a Brompton will empathise with that. You push it in at one end of the remaining protruding bead and watch corresponding centimetres pop out at the other end.

I keep an old Rohan webbing belt in the toolkit specifically to restrain the bead with.
 I thought I'd left punctures behind me...... - Zero
Fill it with tyre slime.
 I thought I'd left punctures behind me...... - No FM2R
>> Fill it with tyre slime.

As soon as I find some here I absolutely will.
 I thought I'd left punctures behind me...... - slowdown avenue
just done all that with the wheel barrow. bought a wheel and tyre for a couple of pounds more than an innertube. i think maybe the innertubes collapse under uv in four years
 I thought I'd left punctures behind me...... - tyrednemotional
...how does the UV get to the innertube... ?
 I thought I'd left punctures behind me...... - R.P.
Touch wood (no splinters) been lucky in this respect. Last recorded puncture was on the GS Triple Black - so that dates it pre-2016. No drama though, warning light on the instrument panel followed by a switch to the tyre monitoring showing a slowly decreasing pressure in the rear tyre. AA attended, fixed it on the spot in 10 minutes. Lasted until I sold the bike
Latest Forum Posts