Non-motoring > Xmas Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 8

Xmas - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-55132919

I love this, made me laff so much, nothing encapsulates british humour more than this.

Xmas - CGNorwich

>>
>> I love this, made me laff so much

Really? I think lock down must be getting to you :-)

Xmas - smokie
Wish I could get such good value for money from unnecessary Christmas stuff. I was persuaded to buy 4 sets of "decent" (i.e. reasonably pricey) LED lights for front and back gardens not many years back (I think 3, maybe 4). This year just one set is working. ISTR they were over £150.
 Xmas - Bobby
My dad is a trendsetter.

For the last, at least 20 years, he used to put his xmas tree back up in the loft (off the stairs of the attic room so easy to do) fully intact, decorations and lights still on.

Next year, bring it out, plonk it on the fllor, job done!

Long before pre lit fibre optic trees had ever been heard of!

Unfortunately my dad's son isnt't quite so clever when it comes to xmas trees - when we were in rented accomodation due to the house fire we bought a real xmas tree. It all went downhill from the moment I cut the netting off the tree outside before I took it into the house........
 Xmas - sooty123
Bet you didn't make that mistake again in a hurry.
 Xmas - Bobby
Nope! And that was the start of it! I tried to weight it down in the tub using a sack of compost that turned out to be frozen solid!! Ever tried breaking up frozen compost using things like a drill, hand mixer, you name it
 Xmas - Runfer D'Hills
Many years ago, my ex-wife had a Mk1 Panda. We decided that was the best car to fetch the tree in as my Cortina was a saloon and had beige velour seats ( sexy eh? )

Anyway, a far too large tree was purchased and somehow got into the Panda. Trouble was, there wasn't really any room left in the car for us. We did get in eventually, but it was like driving while hiding in spiky undergrowth. Couldn't see out of the back or side windows at all, and I had to force my head so far forwards that my nose was touching the windscreen glass. This caused the windscreen to steam up of course compounding the problem.

Anyway, somehow, we got it home without hitting anything, ( well, I don't think we did ) and then had to get it into our bijou ( flipping tiny ) flat.

It has had a lasting effect on my attitudes to Christmas in truth. These things can be scarring.
 Xmas - John Boy
In the seventies, not long married and pretty poor, we carpeted the living room with ex exhibition carpet tiles. Most of those available seemed to be made by Heuga and were widely advertised in Exchange and Mart. I don't know what they were made of, but they felt like sisal fibres impregnated into a layer of bitumen. The fibres turned out to be a magnet for Christmas tree needles. Removing them with tweezers in the New Year put me off real Christmas trees for life.
 Xmas - Dog
Fortunately our fibre optic Christ mass tree is up in the loft ... of the cottage we moved from 4 months ago!
Latest Forum Posts