Non-motoring > Fox deter rant Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 5

Fox deter rant - henry k
Can anyone recommend how to deter a persistent vixen from disrupting my urban garden ?

I have to be careful where i walk at the start of each day!!! Clear up her mess from the patio and/or the lawn ensues. Items are treated as playthings or ripped apart or chewed.
This morning a found a four pint plastic milk carton that was full of water 20 feet away from its location with a hole in the bottom and the cap chewed.
Neighbours kids toys are great fun for her.
I have met the culprit a few times and she is just not fazed and often just stands there and stares at me. I assume locals are feeding her hence not running away.

This appeals to me
www.primrose.co.uk/-p-99060.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA5vb-BRCRARIsAJBKc6KwZ_8HV2_H7AYp1nIbMj0u0UKjikCSMK-cM80uvnip-LFfQ8IGaaYaAnK0EALw_wcB

Do the ultrasonics work ?
upgardener.co.uk/best-fox-deterrents/

Fox deter rant - Lygonos
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GIvfqCRE0

Fox deter rant - Duncan
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GIvfqCRE0

Could you be persuaded somehow to hold your phone in landscape mode?
 Fox deter rant - Lygonos
>> Could you be persuaded somehow to hold your phone in landscape mode?

I know, these portrait videos are tiresome (not my video of course).

My larger cat (6.5kg with paws like a child's hands) wouldn't have sat for 2 minutes before ejecting the fox either.
 Fox deter rant - Zero
No the Ultrasonics do not work with Foxes**.

You need to make your garden less accessible. You cant make your garden fox proof* but you can make it less easier and the vixen will use other more accessible gardens,

* Saw a fox scale, at speed, a 9 feet high fence when being pursued by my goldie.

** or most dogs, I love watching pet owners trying to use silent whistles to recall their fleeing pooch.
 Fox deter rant - bathtub tom
I've the same problem with cats. Bought a cheap 'water blaster', that I'd squirt at any cat that came into the garden. I now only have to rattle the door handle to see them scarper. I also scatter cut up orange peel. Don't know how effective it is, but I get a nice orange scent when I cut the grass.
Latest Forum Posts