Non-motoring > Christmas Cheer Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 22

Christmas Cheer - zippy
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

I truly wish 2021 is better for you all than 2020 has been!

Zippy!

Christmas Cheer - Robin O'Reliant
And to you and every one else too.

Christmas Cheer - Crankcase
Before this slips off the page, hope everyone has as good a Christmas as you can.

Which sounds a bit mealy mouthed, but you know what I mean.

Ho Ho Ho. Best wishes everyone.

Christmas Cheer - Bobby
Troops just wanted to take a minute to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy year, most of all good health!
These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends and family, they just copy and paste some random s*** and send it on.
So, after all we've been through together this year I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a happy 2018!
You are the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for.
Best wishes, Helen
 Christmas Cheer - Runfer D'Hills
Erm, Bobby, not that it's any kind of problem or anything, but just to be clear, is "Helen" your, sort of "other" name?

21st Century and all that and we have no issues whatsoever, but it's just, well, a bit of a surprise I suppose.

Erm, go girl, or something...

I'm sure I must have missed something given the 2018 reference???
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Thu 24 Dec 20 at 19:48
 Christmas Cheer - Crankcase
Come along Runfer, the clue is in " they just copy and paste some random s*** and send it on."...

:)

Christmas Cheer - Robin O'Reliant
>> Come along Runfer, the clue is in " they just copy and paste some random
>> s*** and send it on."...
>>
>> :)
>>
>>
>>
Runfer has been on the cooking sherry.
Oh yeah, I see, as you were etc...

Actually, it was a rather decent malt.

;-)
 Christmas Cheer - tyrednemotional
>> Oh yeah, I see, as you were etc...
>>
>> Actually, it was a several rather decent malt(s).
>>

...fixed it for ya!
 Christmas Cheer - Clk Sec
>> Actually, it was a rather decent malt.

I'll wager that is (or was) Macallan Malt.

Unwrapped a nice bottle of Glenmorangie 10 YO this morning. Some jolly thoughtful folk around!

>> I'll wager that is (or was) Macallan Malt.

Spot on!

It is a was now...

;-)
 Christmas Cheer - Zero
Just keep doing the pelvic floor exercises Bobbie.
 Christmas Cheer - zippy
Miss Z was supposed to be on call today.

Luckily one of her colleagues, who doesn't celebrate Christmas, cheerfully offered to swap shifts with her last night!
 Christmas Cheer - bathtub tom
Not much cheer for North Bedfordshire folk:

Residents living near the River Great Ouse in north Bedfordshire are strongly urged to leave their homes and seek alternative accommodation due to the risk of flooding.......................
People should seek alternative accommodation. This overrides the current Covid-19 regulations around mixing with people giving the potential threat to life posed by the flooding................
Before evacuating, be sure to turn off gas, water and electricity and move any valuables upstairs. Only take what you need such as medication and any insurance documents.
 Christmas Cheer - sooty123
I'm not surprised, I went past the marina that's just south of black cat roundabout and the water level was as high as I've seen it.
 Christmas Cheer - Bromptonaut
>> Not much cheer for North Bedfordshire folk:

Parts of the Nene have flooded badly both above and below Northampton. Mostly it's being kept out of houses but I heard a message that the caravan/park home site at Billing was being evacuated.

Normal route from here into town is via a neighbouring village to join the dual carriageway from M1/J16. Currently impassable due to the Nene being over its banks where the road crosses. Alternative routes via lanes OK now but were bad on Wednesday - almost overwhelmed with field run off.

More heavy rain due overnight Saturday/Sunday.

Christmas Cheer - No FM2R
>>More heavy rain due overnight Saturday/Sunday.

Blue skies, Average mid 30s and no rain is our 10 week forecast. Just sayin'.
 Christmas Cheer - Kevin
Blue sky and in the 30s all day in Basingstoke today.
..let's hear it for good old Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit....
 Christmas Cheer - Zero
Positively baking down at Climping today. Took the girls down to the beach for a paddle, the two hairiest and youngest ones went in anyway. Blue sky, gentle surf, warm enough to take the gloves and beanies off.
 Christmas Cheer - CGNorwich
Hardiest?
>> Hardiest?
>>

...woofiest..... ;-)
 Christmas Cheer - CGNorwich
Ah!
Latest Forum Posts