Non-motoring > As Seen on TV - Volume 21   [Read only]
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 100

As Seen on TV - Volume 21 - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 22 *****

==============================================================

A place to discuss what's on TV that might be of interest to others. (exc. Top Gear, F1, for example - which have threads of their own)

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then REPLY to this post and REMEMBER to change the default subject header.

Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 15 Mar 21 at 02:45

Seinfeld - Rudedog
Just spotted that C4 are showing Seinfeld.

Used to watch it all the time when first shown in the UK.

Not every bodies cup of tea.

ATTENTION. - Zero
ATTENTION ATTENTION

"The Girl on a Motorcycle"* will be shown on Talking pictures TV on 24th December.

USA. "Naked under leather

France La Motocyclette

Tasting Notes. Its actually a rather crap film, with lots of silly 1960's cinematography and editing, but you may never see zipped leather or saddles in quite the same light again.

ATTENTION. - R.P.
Due a re-make with a proper reliable bike ;-)

ATTENTION. - tyrednemotional
>> Due a re-make with a proper reliable bike ;-)
>>

....You're just envisioning "Fifty Shades of Leather", aren't you?......

ATTENTION. - R.P.
Ended up on my Sky box for quite a while. Watched it the other day - what a brilliantly made film.I always thought she rode a Norton, but in fact it was a Harley.

The Hill - zippy
Is on BBC 2 tonight at 22:55.

Not seen it but apparently it’s a very good Sean Connery film.

The Hill - No FM2R
The legend both precedes and exceeds it.

The Hill - Zero
>> Is on BBC 2 tonight at 22:55.
>>
>> Not seen it but apparently it’s a very good Sean Connery film.

I have, even today, its one of the great movies, Dont expect a happy ending.

The Dig - Zero
Released on NF today, This is our Saturday nite viewing sorted, been looking forwards to this for ages. Good section on R4 about it this morning, one one hand pointing out how important to the understanding of British History Sutton Hoo is, on the other a good bit about Ralph Fiennes learning to speak "Suffuk"
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 29 Jan 21 at 11:26

The Dig - bathtub tom
Please, please don't blow us a kiss!

The Dig - Duncan
"Suffolkating" he called it.

The Dig - Zero
Well that was a good hour and fifty minutes, great acting (tho RF's accent did slip a few times) fantastic cinematography (mostly shot in Surrey tho!) but some good scene setting shots from Suffolk. Dramatised of course with bits missed out and fake bits added, but all in all did not disappoint.

The Dig - helicopter
Watched it last night..not impressed at all I'm afraid. Just seemed to plod along with no real drama to it for me and did not hold my interest..frankly, I very nearly fell asleep.Each to their own I suppose.

If that is currently No 1 on Netflix then I hate to think what the rest of their top 10 output is like.

Just as a side issue , did you get some sound break up on it Z?

Quite annoying that the last 3 films I have watched on Netflix have had similar issues with the sound.

The Dig - Zero
>> Just as a side issue , did you get some sound break up on it
>> Z?
>>
>> Quite annoying that the last 3 films I have watched on Netflix have had similar
>> issues with the sound.

Sound was fine, streamed well in full HD, but I do have 200mbs Cable broadband. I'm not sure how much drama you were expecting about an Archaeological dig!
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 31 Jan 21 at 11:20

The Dig - CGNorwich
It’s a very evocative place. Must take a other trip down there when this wretched lock down is over.

The Dig - martin aston
We watched it yesterday too. It was very like a Goodnight Mr Tom/All Creatures etc Sunday evening drama. It was OK on that level but not the thought provoking piece that some reviews suggested. Very creaky references to illness, war and ancient burial rites felt like they were shoe-horned in to give it gravitas.

I guess they had archaeological advisers and then ignored them. As filmed it must have been the quickest dig on record with all the surprisingly pristine finds seemingly being dug up in a day. And where was the warrior helmet which must be one of the most famous finds in UK archaeology? Or did I sleep through that bit.....it was a dozy afternoon.

The Dig - Manatee
>> And where was the warrior helmet which must be one of
>> the most famous finds in UK archaeology?
>>
www.eadt.co.uk/news/why-sutton-hoo-helmet-not-in-the-dig-7297630

I thought the film was OK, which is actually quite a good rating from me because most films are rubbish. For anyone who hasn't been to Sutton Hoo or doesn't know much about it, it was probably more interesting I would have thought.

Lots of artistic licence I guess.

Peggy Piggott, born Margaret Preston, was the aunt of The Dig's author John Preston. Later well known as Margaret Guido.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Guido

The Great Escapists - VxFan
Started on Amazon today, starring Richard Hammond and Tory Bellici (Mythbusters legend, allegedly)

Taking advantage of my free Month trial of Amazon Prime (instead of Kodi for a change) I was just expecting one episode per week, but all 6 episodes are available now.

Just getting into it, having just finished watching the 2nd episode. Still trying to get used to Tory.

Starting off as 2 shipwrecked blokes on a desert island, slowly adding their own creature comforts as they go about their day by inventing things made from scrap objects.

Clarkson makes the occasional appearance in the form of an old football which Hammond found. Describing it as “Old, leathery and out of shape," adding: “I shall call you Clarkson.”

The Great Escapists - Crankcase
Got to this one last night (The Great Escapists). Oh dear. Managed 15 minutes.

Should I persevere?

The Social Dilemma - Netflix - Manatee
A drama documentary about social media, what it's for, how it works, and why it's a problem.

A must watch IMO, if only because Zuckerberg says it's not fair.

Goes a long way to explaining a statistic used in the programme, that 1/3 of Republicans believe the Democratic party is a criminal conspiracy, and 1/4 of Democrats believe the same about the Republicans.

The boss and I have just spent an interesting 10 minutes comparing our FB newsfeeds.

Unfortunately only on Netflix for now.

www.thesocialdilemma.com/the-film/

The Social Dilemma - Netflix - No FM2R
Just watched the trailer.

Brilliant recommendation, thank you. I shall watch that this evening.

The Social Dilemma - Netflix - No FM2R
Just finished watching it. Powerful stuff, and not a little worrying.

I do strongly recommend watching it, and if you have children and/or grandchildren, then make them watch it too.

The Social Dilemma - Netflix - John Boy
One of my neices recommended it in October and I watched it then. My comment to her was "Good programme, albeit a bit too long. You can see how the political situation in the States (and here) has developed. I wouldn't be surprised if civil war developed in the USA after the election."

The plank - bathtub tom
Talking pictures, Friday, 16:05.

Seen it a few times before, but I reckon it's a classic.

The plank - Zero
The '67 version or the '79 version. I watched some of the '79 version being filmed in Walton on Thames.

The plank - bathtub tom
>> The '67 version or the '79 version. I watched some of the '79 version being
>> filmed in Walton on Thames.

Comedy. 1967. Directed by Eric Sykes. Stars Eric Syke, Tommy Cooper and Jimmy Edwards. Two workmen fall victim to humourous mishaps as they transport a plank from a warehouse to a building site.

Film 4 - The Imitation Game - Duncan
The life and work of Alan Turing. A brilliant mathematician, his schooling and his work at Bletchley Park.

An early death - was it suicide?

A fascinating story. It was on telly on Tuesday evening, but I 'spec it's on CatchUp.

www.imdb.com/title/tt2084970/

Film 4 - The Imitation Game - zippy
Great film.

I'm not so sure about the insinuation that he was one of the Cambridge spy ring though - or so the police officer thought.

My daughter treated me to a day at Bletchley Park in 2019 and it was an amazing day.

Spoiler alert........

The scene when they realise that they cannot warn the convoy is chilling.

Film 4 - The Imitation Game - Zero

>> My daughter treated me to a day at Bletchley Park in 2019 and it was
>> an amazing day.

I did some volunteer work for the National Museum of Computing at Bletchley where I had the honour of spending some time with Tony Sale while he was tending to the Colossus rebuild.

Film 4 - The Imitation Game - bathtub tom
>> I did some volunteer work for the National Museum of Computing at Bletchley where I
>> had the honour of spending some time with Tony Sale while he was tending to
>> the Colossus rebuild.

I visited some years ago with a friend who used to live at Bletchley. Saw a Muggsie (motor, uni, group selector) and couldn't resist blurting out "a muggsie, haven't seen one for years, I'd forgotten all about them". An assistant hurried up to me and asked if I could remember how to adjust them.

Film 4 - The Imitation Game - Zero

>> An early death - was it suicide?

Who knows really. Its fair to say that rather than being on the autistic spectrum, he was on another spectrum completely. Given that suicide is likely, as is the possibility he was playing with cyanide and was careless. That he was treated shamefully is not in dispute.
 Film 4 - The Imitation Game - zippy
>>That he was treated shamefully is not in dispute.

+1

BBC TV - Breathe - Duncan
BBC 2, I think it was.

Based on a true story, Robin Cavendish who contracted polio not long after he was married. He spent the rest of his life in bed or on a chair being constantly artificially respirated.

Good story - but, oh! The syrup!

Amazon prime - sooty123
Just got amazon prime for a month and have downloaded the app. Any tips on what's worth watching on it?

Amazon prime - Crankcase
Here you go Sooty. Suggest you start towards the end as it's a five year old discussion and some stuff is no longer there.

www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=204&t=1538158&i=0
Last edited by: Crankcase on Fri 5 Feb 21 at 19:43

Amazon prime - Crankcase
Or you might like this?

www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Bombers-David-Savile/dp/B07PPYF53H

Amazon prime - sooty123
Might have a nosey at that one, thanks.

Amazon prime - sooty123
Just finished watching it, I enjoyed it. All sorts of detail into the nuts and bolts of a sortie over Germany.

Amazon prime - sooty123
>> Or you might like this?
>>
>> www.amazon.co.uk/Night-Bombers-David-Savile/dp/B07PPYF53H
>>
>>
Watched that last night, quite enjoyed it.

One fact that jumped out at me was the quoted average life, in flying hours of a Lancaster, 40 flying hours.

Amazon prime - Dog
If you like blood n' guts plus a spattering of beheadings, you'll love this:

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B00ET130LW/ref=atv_dp_season_select_s1

Amazon prime - sooty123
The OH found that, she likes that show, I've not watched it yet.

Amazon prime - Dog
We've watched all 5 seasons and are now on the final one. The early seasons are the best IMO.

www.britannica.com/topic/Ragnar-Lothbrok

Amazon prime - No FM2R
I have Amazon Prime. One of the most difficult and irritating things about it is finding what's on there.

I wouldn't say it was full of crap, but I do struggle to find the stuff I want to watch in a huge lake of stuff that holds no interest for me.

The search function is a joke.

I usually come at it the other way; I hear about something I want to watch and then check Disney, Netflix and Prime to see if it's there.

Amazon prime - sooty123
We're just trying it for a month, see how we get on. The cricket documentary about the ozzie team post ball tampering scandal look worth watching.

Amazon prime - No FM2R
Other than the difficulty of finding stuff there is a lot else which is good. I in particular enjoy being able to start watching something on one device and simply continue on another.

The variety of languages is very good, though I appreciate that doesn't matter for most people.

Searching for "Best films on Prime" or stuff like that tends to help.

Amazon prime - Manatee
>>The search function is a joke.

You're not wrong. I searched for "Night Bombers" and go no result. I found it by scrolling through Prime Movies.

Amazon prime - smokie
Must be the same search engine as the Amazon shopping site then!

Amazon prime - Crankcase

>> You're not wrong. I searched for "Night Bombers" and go no result. I found it
>> by scrolling through Prime Movies.

Just tried that on the app (Fire tablet) and the prime uk website. Both found it straight away at the top of the returned results?

Amazon prime - Manatee
>> Just tried that on the app (Fire tablet) and the prime uk website. Both found
>> it straight away at the top of the returned results?

I found it on the PC no trouble. Firestick didn't find it.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 6 Feb 21 at 21:12

Amazon prime - Manatee
I meant to say it was well worth watching. The sheer logistics were impressive.

There are no words for the sacrifice made by the crews. Facing 30 missions must have felt like certain death and yet they did it, not in the heat of the moment and fuelled by a rush of adrenaline, but with protracted and meticulous preparation, night after night.

Amazon prime - sooty123
Indeed, punishing lose rate, the highest of all arms of all the allies armed forces I believe. The force was in effect wiped out and rebuilt twice in the middle of the war.

Not helped by RAF bombers being difficult to bail out of. US bombers were much better designed for bailing out of should the need arise.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 6 Feb 21 at 21:13

Amazon prime - Crankcase

>> Not helped by RAF bombers being difficult to bail out of. US bombers were much
>> better designed for bailing out of should the need arise.

Yes. I was in a Lancaster (Duxford) last summer, and even in a static aircraft with no unwieldy flying gear it was a game and a half getting over various high lumps and bumps in the middle of the thing to get out of the cockpit or the rear. It's like an obstacle course in there.

And the average life expectancy of a new Lancaster crew member was something like a fortnight.

Amazon prime - Fullchat
I had the opportunity to crawl around in a Lancaster that was the gate guard at Scampton and felt very claustrophobic. Bad enough on the ground. What it would be like in the air and under fire does not bare thinking too much about.
I think the general population in those days was far less 'well nourished' which would make it easier to move about. Rationing and no fast food outlets.

Amazon prime - helicopter
My uncle was a Pilot Officer and he died in his Lancaster when it was shot down over France on June 5th 1944.

He was 24 years of age and according to his Commanding Officers letter to my Grandparents was considered the old man of his Squadron.

I cannot begin to imagine the courage those men had . I salute them.

Amazon prime - Crankcase
Bizarre. Just tried it on one of my Fire sticks (a 4k one).

Four ways of searching, all found it straight away with no issues.

1 - press the microphone button on the remote, say Night Bombers

2 - use the search top left of the home page, type in Night Bombers

3 - launch the Prime app itself, use the search top left, type in Night Bombers

4 - I have an Echo Dot next to the tv, which knows about the Fire stick, so just said "Alexa, watch Night Bombers", which just played it straight away with no lists or anything.

PS Glad you liked it!
Last edited by: Crankcase on Sat 6 Feb 21 at 11:39

Amazon prime - Manatee
I can't explain it either Crankers. I've just repeated it with the same result. Maybe I'm not using it properly but in my world that still makes it their fault:)

Amazon prime - Crankcase

>> The search function is a joke.

This is probably eggs and grandmas, but just to make sure, the search also works with general terms, at least in the app. So "mafia movies on prime" or "feel good family films" will yield results. Useful if you aren't quite sure what (or who) you want.

I also find the "customers also watched" feature at the bottom of the page when you've actually watched something quite useful.

Sorry if you knew and had dismissed the marginal utility of those things already.

Amazon prime - Crankcase
>> We've watched all 5 seasons

Game of Thrones for you then, Dog, if you've not already done that.

Though I have to say I only got to series four of that, I think.

Amazon prime - Dog
>>Game of Thrones for you then, Dog

Thanks Cc .. I first got into Vikings at your suggestion. I have read about GoT but the thing is we haven't got any sofas, and one can't possibly watch TV without stretching out on a sofa.

I got rid of our 2 sofas when we moved owse 6 months ago but only got round to ordering 2 replacements at the end of December (Sofology) and they won't be delivered until at least the end of March so, I tend to ruin of eyesight on YouTube and BrandNewTube instead.

Howls about this for a recommendation:

"Corny script. Naff acting. Moronic behaviour and idiotic mistakes contrived to engineer dramatic setbacks. Loaded with cliches of dramatic scriptwriting: Our hero is on a journey. There's hope. Oh no, a setback. But they're going to be OK. What's this, a reversal and an even worse setback? Utterly unoriginal and zero creativity.

The script is so corny. It's pathetically unauthentic. The last 5 minutes shows some spectacular Greenland scenery and scenes of a devastated planet - that's where the movie should have started. It might have been interesting instead of a festering pile of garbage"

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B08TDXM4DY/ref=atv_hm_hom_1_c_nPGsgV_2_1

Amazon prime - Crankcase
Ah, now lack of sofa is definitely a drawback, Dog.

Your Greenland one looks like every other movie on the SciFi Channel. I'll leave you to that one I think!

Have you tried Black Sails on Prime? It's quite good, as long as you aren't put off by gratuitous bonkery, all about pirates, treasure - a generally silly romp with some gory bits too.

Very not for children.

www.amazon.co.uk/VIII/dp/B00JBE6OY2

Amazon prime - Dog
Sci fi is my favourite genre, Cc .. I can even 'lap up' B&W B movie stuff (Klaatu barada nikto)

>>Have you tried Black Sails on Prime? It's quite good, as long as you aren't put off by gratuitous bonkery

I'll pass that on to the missus - she likes gratuitous bonkery/

:o}

I've just watched Night Bombers - Amazing film. Such brave selfless young souls.

Amazon prime - Crankcase
Well then, Dog, I suggest The Expanse for you.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B08B49F1LK

Last edited by: Crankcase on Sat 6 Feb 21 at 17:47

Amazon prime - Dog
" Game of Thrones in Space" says one reviewer = a must see, thanks Crankers.

Amazon prime - Dog
>>Have you tried Black Sails on Prime?

I think I've fallen in love ... with Blackbeard. I'm even feeling cocky enough to watch another episode.

:o}

Amazon prime - Crankcase

>> I think I've fallen in love ... with Blackbeard.

Depends if you mean the first female Blackbeard - "Wait a minute! You're not Blackbeard!" - or the later male "Cut out his gizzards" Blackbeard...

Amazon prime - Dog
>>Depends if you mean the first female Blackbeard - "Wait a minute! You're not Blackbeard!" - or the later male "Cut out his gizzards" Blackbeard...

The one wearing the black sporran. Female I think.

:)

Amazon prime - Crankcase
Ah yes, you'll be seeing more of her, not that by the end of episode three there's much more to see.

It's a Sin - Channel 4 - R.P.
Brilliantly made - well worth watching. 1980s was my time as an emerging adult. Had loads of fun, lots of daft stuff...seems now to be the end of the age of innocence...

Band of Brothers. - R.P.
20 years old this year. One of the Sky channels has run it (available on their streaming service) - Box-setted it this weekend - first time I've watched it in its entirety since it was launched. Beautifully crafted - beautiful memorial to the real life heroes of D-Day and beyond. Well worth a Hi-Def revisit.

Band of Brothers. - Manatee
I should watch that, never seen it. Bits were filmed less than a mile from me. They left the ground rather churned up!

Band of Brothers. - zippy
It is very good and based on books by members of the company.

However it is, like many American war movies, very USA centric. Seems they won the war single handed.

Sky Mobile ads - legacylad
We were watching the gogglebox a few nights ago and I recognised Lily James advertising Sky Mobile. The last time I saw her on screen was in the film ‘Baby Driver’. Tenuous motoring link, but the best bit of TV I’ve seen all week.

News of the World. Netflix. - Zero
Tom Hanks plays a Western Tom Hanks on a horse. The ending is predictable and inevitable, but its got lovely cinematography (specially in 4K), its very well acted and its not too long.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 15 Feb 21 at 02:35

Shock and awe - sooty123
Watched it on Amazon last night, if you haven't seen it don't bother. Not particularly interesting, no surprises in the plot, paper thin characters. Even Tommy Lee Jones in a minor part can't save it.

Snowpiercer - Netflix - sooty123
Not normally something I'd watch, it's set in a post apocalypse world. The world's survivors live on a couple of trains in a loop around the world.
I didn't hold much hope by it, as I say it's not normally my thing, however I've been impressed by it so far, just started series 2. It's quite absorbing. Jennifer Connolly is very good as the chief engineer.

Snowpiercer - Netflix - No FM2R
I keep noticing that but steer clear for fear of it being one of those never ending show which become more perpetual soap opera with no end than ongoing adventure.

Snowpiercer - Netflix - sooty123
Could well turn out that way, I tend to give those types of shows two series and then find something else to watch when that happens. But still enjoying at the moment.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Sun 21 Feb 21 at 16:18

Snowpiercer - Netflix - No FM2R
In that case I shall ask you at the end of series 2 whether I should binge watch to catch up or be thankful I avoided it.

Million Pound Pawn - ITV - Duncan
A new series of programmes started last night on ITV.

www.itv.com/hub/million-pound-pawn/10a0980a0001

Oh! The vulgarity!

It's wonderful, all those common people to look down your nose at.

Movie: News of the World - No FM2R
With Tom Hanks. Kind of a western, really worth a watch.

Movie: News of the World - Zero
Glad you took my 14th Feb recommendation

Movie: News of the World - No FM2R
That may well be where I got the recommendation from. I don't remember. And now there's two recommendations. Surely a good thing.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 26 Feb 21 at 17:11

The Pacific (2010) - R.P.
From the same stable as Band of Brothers. Had it as a DVD box set for years, never got round to watching it. Nowhere near as good as BoB but well worth the watch. The characters were nowhere as well drawn as the ones in BoB. Good production though. Frustrating was to find a disc missing from my box :-(....got the whole shooting match from e-bay for £4.00 so now have two sets, with one disc missing...!

Coming 2 America - zippy
As opposed to Coming to America.

A sequel to the original is currently showing on Amazon Prime.

Even though it's free, it's still not worth it.

The kids enjoyed it. I thought it was a travesty.

Coming 2 America - Zero
Eddie Murphy is definitely viewing marmite

Dean Spanley = Amazon Prime - Manatee
An unusual film starring Sam Neill and Peter O'Toole. Slightly comedic, a touch of the supernatural.

I think it was worth watching and I mention it only because it is going off Prime on 17th March.

I thought I'd mentioned it before but I've searched and I can't find it. Sorry if I am repeating myself, I seem to do it a lot these days.

Miss World 1970 - Bromptonaut
Caught the second half of this documentary about the 1970 Miss World contest and the opposition from both feminists (then called Women's Liberation) and Anti-Apartheid protestors:

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000gghb

Whatever you think about the issues it's a fascinating piece of social observation - then and now.

Miss World 1970 - zippy
First Girl on a Motorcycle, then this.

Mrs Z is going to suspect that it's not all for research purposes!

The Terror - CGNorwich
A drama based on the the Franklin expedition in which two ships, the Erebus and the Terror were lsot whilst trying to discover a North West Passage.

Has Gothic overtones and is very well cast. Make you feel cold just watching it and giver a real feeling of fear and dread. Recommended

BBC1 and Iplayer. All episodes available

The Terror - sooty123
Thanks, I saw the terror advertised last night. Looked like a good line up cast wise. I'll give it a whirl.

The Terror - R.P.
Started watching the Terror this morning, sort of didn't do it for me, may give it a second chance.

The Terror - Manatee
Watched the first one. It was a bit drawn out TBH. It's a "true story" except that not much is known other than the expedition disappeared. They can be presumed to have perished. So everything is made up, and we know how it ends, the same reason I have never seen Titanic. What's in the middle is probably along the lines of Shackletons's expedition unless the writers have introduced a bit of alien visitation or a lost city beneath the ice.

I put this to the Comptroller of Sunday Night Viewing as an argument for not bothering with it, particularly as they are going to drag it out to 10 episodes. I lost.

The Terror - R.P.
They've recently found the wrecks haven't they (question mark key is broken)

I'll give it a second chance tonight

The Terror - No FM2R
>>question mark key is broken

Hold down left hand 'ALT' key, press 63 on small keypad, release everything.

The Terror - CGNorwich
I'm up to episode 4. It's not really meant to be a documentary more a work of fiction. A sort of gothic tale of terror in the unknown with Franklin's expeditions used as a framework for the story. so far I have found it quite gripping. Wouldnt say it was slow. So far we've had shootings, mysterious eskimos unseen monstrous creatures, sodomy, gruesome deaths, and gory post mortems not to mentions ongoing feuds between crew members.

Intrigued by your criterion of not watching any story for which you know the ending. Kind of pretty much rules out any historical drama doesn't it? Presumably all war films are rejected.

The Terror - Manatee
>>Intrigued by your criterion of not watching any story for which you know the ending

Only when it suits me.

The Terror - No FM2R
>>Intrigued by your criterion of not watching any story for which you know the ending. Kind of pretty much rules out any historical drama doesn't it?

It does for me. Though it does not rule out documentaries.

The Terror - sooty123
Thanks for the recommendation CGN, enjoyed the first couple of episodes. I'll continue watching it.

The Last Vermeer Amazon Prime - Zero
Starring Guy Pierce

Post war Amsterdam, An artist is suspected of selling a valuable painting to the Nazis, but there is more to the story than meets the eye.

Wayne (Amazon Prime) - R.P.
Advertised as a "dark comedy"....certainly dark. Beautifully made like a lot of of US TV these days. Lots of violence and swearing (may be a little too much) but painted a picture of the US as it is these days...

Latest Forum Posts