Non-motoring > New COVID challenge.... Company Cars
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 8

New COVID challenge.... - No FM2R
Since bars & restaurants have had their capacity inside limited, then they have been allowed to put tables out on the path up to the road, leaving a walkway through. In some places paths are quite wide so it works reasonably well.

But now a gang, allegedly Venezuelan, has taken to walking along the road, jabbing guns in the ribs of diners, robbing them and then wandering calmly off into the crowds.

It's happened more than a dozen times so far, apparently.
 New COVID challenge.... - sooty123
I assume this is happening in Chile?
Sorry yes, this'll give you an idea. These article are not about the robberies, but the pictures will help.

That's a restaurant called Tiramisu in the first link, one of my favourites. You can see how they've expanded onto and across the sidewalk.

www.emol.com/noticias/Nacional/2017/02/23/846418/Restaurantes-de-Isidora-Goyenechea-No-teniamos-conocimiento-del-posible-cierre-de-las-terrazas.html

www.latercera.com/nacional/noticia/primeras-comunas-confinadas-en-marzo-suben-casos-y-retroceden-en-plan-paso-a-paso/CJNN2DIZJJCG7EVEPWMYN7VTC4/

www.800.cl/?id=1097&id_Ficha=11206
 New COVID challenge.... - zippy
>>sidewalk

Pavement, surely?

:-)
Trouble is, "pavement" in Murry Can is the tarmac'd road. It's all very difficult - that was the one question I got wrong on my Californian driving test.

I've pretty much given up remembering which to use when these days - too many different nationalities and languages in my life.
Some scum will always take advantage of a situation and it's especially bad when they use weapons.
>> Some scum will always take advantage of a situation and it's especially bad when they
>> use weapons.

Indeed. Bit surprised at the suggestion of them being Venezuelan though. That might just be Chilean hopeful thought.

Scary getting a gun in your ribs when out for a meal.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 28 Feb 21 at 13:33
>>Scary getting a gun in your ribs when out for a meal.

Absolutely.

I guess pickpockets and thieves here will take advantage when things re-open in April.
Well. we'll see I guess. Just off down that way for lunch because it's #2 daughter's birthday and that's where she wants to go.

Ho hum.
Latest Forum Posts