Non-motoring > Pretty much sums up Liverpool supporters Company Cars
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 6

Pretty much sums up Liverpool supporters - No FM2R
www.bbc.com/sport/football/56753861
 Pretty much sums up Liverpool supporters - Netsur
They did the same thing to the ManCity bus in 2018..

The BBC wrote at the time... "In 2018, cans, bottles and flares were thrown at Manchester City's team bus as a crowd gathered outside Anfield before Liverpool's 3-0 Champions League quarter-final first-leg win."

Us Mancunians reckoned that whilst we might not have won the game, the 3-0 score line did not reflect the difference between the teams (given we won the Premiership that year), and that the attack should have resulted in some sanction against the Scousers.

It is really unacceptable and reminiscent of the actions of supporters in less civilised parts of the football world. But then Liverpool has never really been civilised..
 Pretty much sums up Liverpool supporters - smokie
Is it only Liverpool these days? I have no interest in football but I remember other teams having rather enthusiastic "fans" like Millwall.
 Pretty much sums up Liverpool supporters - Zero
The incident has been overhyped, because of its comparative rarity these days. Football is a positive millpond of calm water compared to the force 8 gales of the 70's & 80s - It was sure exhilarating back then.
 Pretty much sums up Liverpool supporters - sooty123
I think there's a one page report on the BBC, they're hardly going to not mention it because of something similar or worse happened 50 years ago at a football match.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Thu 15 Apr 21 at 12:27
 Pretty much sums up Liverpool supporters - Bromptonaut
>> Is it only Liverpool these days? I have no interest in football but I remember
>> other teams having rather enthusiastic "fans" like Millwall.

It's only a handful. Not sure I'd dignify them with the name 'supporters'.

Leeds United, when in their seventies pomp, had a pretty serious reputation. Best to avoid the City Centre on match days.
 Pretty much sums up Liverpool supporters - Stuartli
>>...and that the attack should have resulted in some sanction against the Scousers.>>

>> But then Liverpool has never really been civilised.. >>

I'm an Everton fan and we don't think too highly of the Anfield followers, but I have two issues with your comments.

Firstly, why should Liverpool FC be punished for the action presumably of their fans and over which they would have had no control in any shape or form?

Secondly, the vast majority of people who live in the city are warm hearted, generous, will do anything for you if asked and have a fabulous sense of humour.

It is quite unfair to tarnish the good name of these people because of the crass behaviour of the few that let the club and their city down.
Latest Forum Posts