Non-motoring > Some good news Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 22

Some good news - CGNorwich
Paul O’Grady is leaving the BBC and Sunday afternoon on Radio 2 might become bearable again.
 Some good news - Zero
Only if they Sack Elaine Page
Well yes but it’s a good start.
 Some good news - Timeonmyhands
That woman’s false laugh does my head in.
 Some good news - Kevin
Why is it good news? Who are they replacing him with?

You could end up with more Jeremy Vine.
>> Why is it good news?
>>
Because there is nobody on the planet who is more irritating. Listening to him wittering on about dogs and Coronation Street in that camp Scouser voice constitutes cruel and unusual punishment and he should be deported to Ruanda on the next plane out.
 Some good news - Crankcase
Given whoever this person is clearly causes you distress, that rather begs the question of why you listen at all? Surely there must be other things available in various forms if you want anything at all?
 Some good news - zippy
I quite like him.

He seems genuine and clearly loves dogs.

Some of the replacements recently have not been very good IMHO and are playing music that doesn't match my tastes, so I don't listen any more.

Goodness knows what I will do if Ken goes!
 Some good news - Stuartli
>> I quite like him. He seems genuine and clearly loves dogs. >>

Paul is definitely genuine; in fact he has his own farm complete with a wide range of animals.

One of Birkenhead's best, so no need for anyone to Savage him...!!
I don’t listen to him deliberately. I’m not mad. The problem is that I often visit an elderly relative on Sunday afternoons who is rather deaf and likes to have the radio on while I do a few jobs for her.

But he’s going. There truly is a god!
 Some good news - Zero
>> But he’s going. There truly is a god!

I'll be laying down my prayer mat facing east 4 times a day if Allah can get rid of Jeremy Vine.

Now he truly does appear at a time and pace of extreme annoyance and inconvenience.
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 15 Aug 22 at 13:47
 Some good news - zippy
>>
>> in that camp Scouser voice constitutes cruel and unusual
>> punishment and he should be deported to Ruanda on the next plane out.
>>

I didn't realise it was display your bigotry proudly day!
 Some good news - Robin O'Reliant
One of the few worth listening to now is Johnny Walker on Sunday afternoon.
 Some good news - Crankcase
I know I'm not of this world sometimes, but I don't really understand the talk about DJ's. Last time I listened to the radio, it would with be Noel Edmonds or Ed Stewart playing "I'm Hans Christian Anderson" by Danny Kaye.

In any event, my understanding is that some dreary record plays, then they say "that was Henry Hall, and now here is Louis Armstrong", and that's, well, about it, surely?

I know when I get stuck in a dentist waiting room and Ken Bruce is on, playing something waily and interminable, that's pretty well all he seems to do. Sometimes they seem to have people ringing up and he says "what was the hit song by *insert the name of a band I've never heard of* in 1989", the caller gets it right or wrong, and then a sound effect plays and they do it all again.

I just don't get it. I do understand Spotify, where I play whatever I want whenever I want, but I don't need or want anyone to witter at me between tracks, though they are unlikely to be music anyway.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 15 Aug 22 at 14:42
 Some good news - Ted

Paul should have had a knighthood for his work with animal and other charities. Really genuine, caring guy.

If you want real irritation, try living in a house where Judge Judy is on all day, full of awful inadequate people arguing over ridiculous spats. Most of them bimbos with squeaky American voices.

As soon as her indoors leaves the room, I ask Alexa to play Classic FM.....but it doesn't last long and I'm soon over-ruled !

Ted
 Some good news - Dog
My ole woman watches Judge Judy and Real Owsewives, but she's under strict orders to have the sound orf and the subtitles on.

I watch under an hour's TV per day, and even that is too much sometimes.
What do in the evening then Dog. Music,radio reading?
"
 Some good news - tyrednemotional
...he's out smuggling....
 Some good news - Ted
>> ...he's out smuggling....
>>
or dogging !

Ted
 Some good news - Dog
Music mainly CG, usually via YouTube. My PC is connected to my hi-fi, and you can literally find any flavours on YT including audiobooks.

I also listen to the radio in the evenings, LBC, Talk radio, GB News, Times Radio, BBC World Service etc.

Podcasts on the BBC iPlayer too occasionally.

Some good news - Clk Sec
Viewing houses...
 Some good news - Dog
Think I'll stick to Escape to the Country!!
 Some good news - Fursty Ferret
>> Only if they Sack Elaine Page

I tore a muscle in my shoulder while lunging for the radio to turn it off on a Sunday a few years ago. Never been the same since.

Awful programme. And that laugh. Jesus wept.
Latest Forum Posts