Non-motoring > amazon scam phone call Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 0

amazon scam phone call - VxFan
I got a call this morning from a bloke with a Pakistani accent claiming to be from the Amazon security dept. He called me on my mobile from a Switzerland number beginning +41 (probably redirected)

He asked me if I'd recently purchased an iPhone 13 from Amazon, as the purchase seemed suspicious.
I said no.
He then said that he would send me a 6 digit code, along with a website that I need to use my Amazon log in details, to cancel the purchase, and so they can also investigate.
I asked him if he could tell me what my Amazon account name was seeing as he had my mobile number, which he said was linked to my account. Obviously he couldn't, and as I didn't announce my name at the start of the call, he had no idea who he was talking to. He also couldn't answer my question as to why I didn't get any notification that I had logged onto my Amazon account from a new device (I have Two-Step Verification set up).
Basically I had the bloke tied up in knots, but you can see how easily some people can get scammed by people like this.

Oh, btw, I'm still waiting for the 6 digit code and website to be txt'd to me :)

Latest Forum Posts