Non-motoring > More AI Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 16

More AI - Crankcase
New thread so those not interested can skip. Oh right, that’s everyone then.

New AI chat thing was launched yesterday by Google. Called Bard.

Had fun yesterday. Asked it to write the first line of a story about an ai chatbot becoming self aware.

Then pasted that line into Chatgpt, asked it write the second line, and so on.

End result was a quite good story in which chatbots discovered each other’s existence on the internet and decided to work together to help humans, then discovered not all humans liked them, then discussed whether to get rid of humans or work with them, then decided to try to persuade humans that chatbots were good things.

At the end I told Bard it had actually been collaborating with Chatgpt, and it asked me to thank it and pass on its congratulations to Chatgpt for such an enjoyable time.

Blimey.

Also, bard can’t code. If you ask it, it says Chatgpt is better at the moment.
 More AI - Runfer D'Hills
How do you know it’s not just two socially inept blokes with poor personal hygiene and too much facial hair sitting in a basement typing?
;-)
 More AI - Crankcase
Three, surely?
 More AI - Runfer D'Hills
I didn’t have you down as that type, but ok, if you say so…
;-)
 More AI - Crankcase
Who said anything about me? :)
Last edited by: Crankcase on Wed 22 Mar 23 at 15:04
 More AI - CGNorwich
>> How do you know it’s not just two socially inept blokes with poor personal hygiene
>> and too much facial hair sitting in a basement typing?
>> ;-)
>>
Because those blokes are already occupied on here?
 More AI - smokie
I got a login for Bard last night. At least it works, I still can't get ChatGPT past the error message I mentioned some days ago.

It did write a very short piece of code forme.
 More AI - Crankcase
Maybe it will tell you how to get into chatgpt if you ask it nicely.

I got chatgpt to write me a tiny dos batch file yesterday that would walk through my drive recursively and just show me files changed in the last hour. Took it about fifteen seconds - I'd have got as far as thinking, now then, dos code, you say..hmmm, in that time.
 More AI - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-65126772
 More AI - tyrednemotional
>>
>> I got chatgpt to write me a tiny dos batch file yesterday that would walk
>> through my drive recursively and just show me files changed in the last hour. Took
>> it about fifteen seconds - I'd have got as far as thinking, now then, dos
>> code, you say..hmmm, in that time.
>>

...you do realise that that code has walked through your data, culled all your banking details, and emptied your account(s).

You're one of the increasing number of people who've suffered from the rise in the use of Artificial Cunning....
 More AI - smokie
I was reading a thread yesterday where people are having some success getting it to do Wordle, didn't really take in the detail but that'd be impressive.
 More AI - Crankcase
Got it to do some heroic rhyming satirical couplets yesterday. It got all the rhythm right, and made a good joke at the end.

However. I also asked for another code snippet. It failed, putting dots everywhere. I told it the error, it "apologized" and rewrote the code. That missed letters out. I told it, it rewrote to get rid of the error, but that meant it went back to put dots everywhere... this went on back and forth until I got bored, though it didn't.

More AI - tyrednemotional
...it doesn't need to write runnable code now that it's got all your money... ;-)
 More AI - Kevin
>However. I also asked for another code snippet. It failed, putting dots everywhere.

Bought out by Microsoft?

>..this went on back and forth until I got bored, though it didn't.

Yup, that's Microsoft.
 More AI - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65086798
 More AI - Zero
>> Got it to do some heroic rhyming satirical couplets yesterday. It got all the rhythm
>> right, and made a good joke at the end.

The I-ties are not prepared to have the arts sullied by AI

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-65139406
 More AI - Crankcase
Fence sitting Bard says about that, when I asked:

chatgpt has been banned in italy. what do you think about that?

I think the ban on ChatGPT in Italy is a complex issue with both pros and cons. On the one hand, it is important to protect the privacy of users and ensure that their data is not being collected or used without their consent. On the other hand, ChatGPT is a valuable tool that can be used for a variety of purposes, including education, research, and entertainment. The ban could potentially limit the use of this tool and stifle innovation. Ultimately, I believe that it is important to weigh the risks and benefits of the ban before making a decision about whether or not it is the right thing to do.

Here are some of the pros and cons of the ban:

Pros

The ban could help to protect the privacy of Italian users. ChatGPT collects a lot of data about its users, including their personal information, browsing history, and search history. This data could be used to track users or target them with advertising. The ban could help to prevent this from happening.
The ban could help to ensure that ChatGPT is used in a responsible way. ChatGPT is a powerful tool that can be used for both good and bad purposes. The ban could help to ensure that it is used for educational, research, and entertainment purposes, and not for malicious purposes.
Cons

The ban could limit the use of a valuable tool. ChatGPT is a powerful tool that can be used for a variety of purposes. The ban could potentially limit the use of this tool and stifle innovation.
The ban could be difficult to enforce. ChatGPT is a global tool that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The ban would be difficult to enforce, and it is likely that people would find ways to access ChatGPT even if it is banned in Italy.
Ultimately, I believe that it is important to weigh the risks and benefits of the ban before making a decision about whether or not it is the right thing to do.

tell me that in limerick form

There once was a language model named ChatGPT
That was banned in Italy, what a spat!
Some said it was good
To protect privacy
But others said it was a real bad hat.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Fri 31 Mar 23 at 17:25
Latest Forum Posts