Non-motoring > Paul O'Grady passed away Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 9

Paul O'Grady passed away - zippy
Probably a marmite personality. I warmed to him over his seemingly unconditional love of animals and his warm hosting style on the radio.

Too young at 67. RIP

Paul O'Grady passed away - Terry
Definitely Marmite - the sound of nasal Liverpudlian would result in me channel hopping to escape.

His expressions of affection for animals I found vomit worthy.

But 67 is far too young and clearly leaves many upset.
 Paul O'Grady passed away - BiggerBadderDave
If you'd been up for a drinking game, you could have turned on a chat show with him and downed a double vodka every time he said 'I'm from Birkenhead'.

I doubt a litre would have been enough.
 Paul O'Grady passed away - R.P.
"Birchinead"

Sad loss used to enjoy his Battersea programme :-(..,.rarely listened to his radio shows, unless there was something else on, but he seemed to be a decent sort.
 Paul O'Grady passed away - Bromptonaut
>> "Birchinead"

My son went to Uni in Liverpool and, having shacked up with local girl, never returned. His accent is coming on well and she's taught us to refer to the 'town across the water' as spelled above.

My son in law works there but, he together with my daughter and grandson, lives in Wales; Connah's Quay.
 Paul O'Grady passed away - VxFan
>> Definitely Marmite - the sound of nasal Liverpudlian would result in me channel hopping to
>> escape.

That's the only thing that I disliked about him too. Couldn't stand his grating voice.

Despite that, he was a well liked celebrity by all accounts. Just not my cup of tea.
 Paul O'Grady passed away - Manatee
Not keen on the sentimental animal stuff or bothered about the old drag act, but he was a decent cove by all accounts and couldn't abide a Tory.

History of heart problems I believe.
 Paul O'Grady passed away - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> Too young at 67. RIP
>>
>>
>>

You're never too young to die. At any time from birth onwards the Grim Reaper can pay a visit.
 Paul O'Grady passed away - maltrap
At 40 fags a day it's no wonder he had a dicky ticker.
They don't call them "coffin nails" for nothing.
 Paul O'Grady passed away - Manatee
>> At 40 fags a day it's no wonder he had a dicky ticker.
>> They don't call them "coffin nails" for nothing.

Reminds me I watched a docu-drama about Ed Murrow t'other night. Estimated to have smoked just over 3 packs of Camels per day. Died at 57 from lung cancer. Prompted me to look up the cost - £15.30 a pack from Tesco!

I'll post a link on the TV thread, worth watching (Amazon Prime).
Latest Forum Posts