Non-motoring > t'other site Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 6

t'other site - bathtub tom
I don't know how many of us still visit t'other site, but there seems to be a bit of an issue over there with AI (Artificially Generated) responses.

I haven't seen anything here that could be similar, but perhaps we're too small?
 t'other site - CGNorwich
How do we know your message is not AI generated? It's a whole can of worms
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Thu 27 Apr 23 at 17:41
 t'other site - smokie
There could be several reasons why people might not prefer AI responses on a forum:

Lack of Personalization: AI responses are often pre-programmed and lack the personal touch that a human response can provide. This can make the conversation seem less genuine and less engaging.

Limited Scope: AI models are trained on specific data sets and may not have the ability to understand the context of a conversation or provide nuanced responses.

Lack of Emotion: AI responses are typically devoid of emotion, which can make them seem cold and unfeeling. This is especially important in forums where users may be seeking emotional support or validation.

Lack of Trust: Some users may be hesitant to engage with AI responses because they do not trust the technology or are skeptical of its abilities.

Overall, while AI responses can be useful in certain contexts, they may not always be the best fit for forums where human-to-human interaction is often preferred.

Courtesy ChatGPT :-)
Last edited by: smokie on Thu 27 Apr 23 at 19:36
 t'other site - smokie
In forums, where voices convene,
A space for thoughts, a lively scene,
But when AI responses appear,
The dialogue can feel austere.

There's something missing in the mix,
A spark of life that seems to fix,
The gap between the digital divide,
And where humanity's heart resides.

For while AI can do some good,
Its limitations should be understood,
And forums, where connections thrive,
Require a human touch to survive.

So let us cherish our human voice,
And in forums, let it be our choice,
To keep the conversation real and true,
For that's what makes a forum great, anew.

and another
 t'other site - Rudedog
Yep, I've seen several that I had my suspicions about, currently easy to spot especially as they are replying using American English spelling in the whole text, also way too well written for a regular human... they don't actually tell you much and seem to rehash the original question as an answer.
 t'other site - CGNorwich
Yes you are right to be suspicious. The only way we learn is thru experience but we have gotten a lot better and hope to provide a useful contribution to the forum.
 t'other site - bathtub tom
>> How do we know your message is not AI generated? It's a whole can of

D'yer fink AI wood yuse sucks grammer?
Latest Forum Posts