Non-motoring > CAMC Site down Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 32

CAMC Site down - Zero
And has been since saturday. now all over the computer press as being a hack, reported to the data commissioner. At the moment no one has been informed if its a data breach, or a ransom attack. The members ( a rabid bunch of moaners, complainers, karens) are up in arms demanding free nights, compo, public executions of the management.

Been trying to book Chatsworth site in September.
 CAMC Site down - Bromptonaut
I've just seen a message on Facebook from an IT on line mag saying they've referred themselves to the ICO. The FB groups I'm on for owners of Xplore 304 'vans and a couple of others are, as you say, full of moans.

Nothing official from the Club so far as I can see.

Off to Wyatts tonight for weekend. Hopefully it's not affecting service on the sites.
 CAMC Site down - tyrednemotional
>>
>> Nothing official from the Club so far as I can see.
>>
..update just issued on Faceache:

www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=795655162601523&set=a.560215796145462
 CAMC Site down - Fullchat
Caravan And Motor Home Club.
>>
>> Been trying to book Chatsworth site in September.
>>

...if you want to push the boat out, you might try Fischers at Baslow for a meal.

About a mile's walk (if drink will be involved ;-) ).

It's been a bit since I was last there, but it's probably the best Restaurant for some distance.
 CAMC Site down - Zero

>> ...if you want to push the boat out, you might try Fischers at Baslow for
>> a meal.

I'll check it out, ta
 CAMC Site down - VxFan
>> About a mile's walk (if drink will be involved ;-) ).

And about a 3 mile walk (stagger) back home again :)
 CAMC Site down - Zero
Lets hope there are no too many ditches on the walk.
...well, The Cavendish is both slightly closer and, I think cheaper. Neighbours had a break there two weeks ago and enjoyed it.

The Devonshire Arms is also a bit closer, and at a less expensive level does (what was at least in the past reasonable) upmarket pub food.

Fischers is/was something else though. I think they voluntarily relinquished the Michelin star some years ago (like a few others who decided it wasn't worth the "pressure") but they're still Michelin listed.

Apart from the site approach, all are walkable on pavements.

I'll regret speaking out if they've recently gone downhill ;-)

IMO, in all-round terms the best local restaurant was at Hassop Hall, but it is now returned to being a private residence. I was on nodding terms with the owner since we used it a lot for business.
 CAMC Site down - Bromptonaut
Message from CAMC's Director General just landed in my inbox. Similar content to the FB message.
 CAMC Site down - Ted
>> >> About a mile's walk (if drink will be involved ;-) ).
>>
>> And about a 3 mile walk (stagger) back home again :)

>> And if it's just a coffee and a snack, there's a nice little cafe on the green. We always break our journey there.

Ted
...Edensor Tea Cottage is pretty good as well (and, for Z, dog friendly).
 CAMC Site down - Zero
the dogs thank you
 CAMC Site down - Zero
Well I checked out the Fischers, it has limited opening hours - not really a problem, its fine dining prices, not really a problem, the menu is limited - thats fine happy with limited choices to keep the standard high, but quite frankly, nothing on the menu appeals!
...well, the menu does vary, and'll be different by September......

...but it still means you'd be taking a punt. ;-)
 CAMC Site down - CGNorwich
What nothing?

Think I could happily eat everything in all six courses. It looks quite intriguing
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Thu 25 Jan 24 at 17:48
 CAMC Site down - Zero
No, not much. Sweet menu looks good
 CAMC Site down - Runfer D'Hills
He’ll be wanting pie and mash…
;-)
...he could probably get that, but the jellied eels are likely to be a problem "up North"....
There are two Wetherspoons pubs in nearby Chesterfield.
 CAMC Site down - Duncan
Norvunners can't do the liquor.
 CAMC Site down - Kevin
I'm pretty sure that Fischers have an unwritten 'no travellers' house rule anyway.
 CAMC Site down - Zero
I'll take no culinary jibes from a man who hails from "muchy box" and deep fried mars bars land
I guess £95 is a tad on the high side if you only fancy a slice of pineapple tart.
..and that's only available on the Bakewell tart's night off...
 CAMC Site down - legacylad
>> Well I checked out the Fischers, it has limited opening hours - not really a
>> problem, its fine dining prices,

Sure is.
Went out for luncheon myself today with friends. Orange Tree at Kirkby Lonsdale. Midweek special menu 12-2, so after much deliberation whilst quaffing a few pints of KL Monumental, I decided against rice and had chips with my chilli con carni. Inflation means the price has increased to £7.95, but I get Camra discount on beer, and a free beer for every 9 with their loyalty card.
Alternate choice was a grand looking piece of gammon, with a fried egg and chips. Again £7.95.

At least the bus was free.
 CAMC Site down - Fullchat
"I decided against rice and had chips with my chilli con carni."

No half and half LL? :)
>> "I decided against rice and had chips with my chilli con carni."
>>
>> No half and half LL? :)
>>
Chips and rice? Gross.

To be honest, although reasonable value, with excellent friendly service, the chilli was on the lame side.
For a sizzling hot chilli you need to visit The Maltings pub in York, only a short walk from the station.
 CAMC Site down - Biggles
So you had a ring rather than a tart?
 CAMC Site down - Zero
And it came back online today. 12 days outage.

Chatsworth site booked for my birthday. Looe booked week before Plymouth dog show, and Tewksbury booked for week of Glouscester and Worcester show in August.

Looking for good places to go mid/early October.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 1 Feb 24 at 18:10
Get a pet friendly cabin, Brittany Ferries to Santander and explore Basque country. October is a great time to visit.
 CAMC Site down - Zero
Yes pondering a trip to Normandy with dogs and van next year.
Sorry Z, I’ve no experience of October weather in that part of the world.
When I did my 6 week mid September > end October trip last year there were folks on board both vessels with canines…think they stay in onboard kennels which you can visit, and specific outdoor exercise areas.
Last edited by: legacylad on Fri 2 Feb 24 at 11:52
Latest Forum Posts