Non-motoring > This Years Tax Return Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 1

This Years Tax Return - zippy
Completed it in a record time this year - from start to finish under 3 hours and that includes under half an hour on the HMRC website.

That includes finding all of the dividend info from half a dozen different sources.

One company, Equiniti deserves some praise. I have several shares from previous employers which they manage as well as some others and had numerous different log-ins. They transferred (showed me how to) all the holdings to one log-in and they don't charge an annual fee.

The good news is that I am expecting a small tax refund, enough to pay for a weekend away.
 This Years Tax Return - martin aston
Good to hear of your experience with Equiniti. However I found their dealing fees were pretty high for share sales. My financial advisor told me I could reduce costs by opening a different type of Equiniti account. I can’t recall the details because I didn’t bother pursuing it and just paid the one off fees and sold all the shares.

If you anticipate more frequent buying and selling, it might be worth checking whether you are on their best account.
Latest Forum Posts