Non-motoring > Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 14

Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - zippy
I think I mentioned a year or two back that one of our next door neighbours had died of a heart attack.

He was the neighbour with two ferocious Alsatians that mauled and almost killed our dog.

Anyway, we now have new neighbours, who seem nice. DFLs. Retired.

Next door has two double garages. Every time we went by now deceased neighbour would pull the garage doors down. I always thought it odd, especially as the lights were on in the garages 24/7.

Anyway, new neighbour it clearing out a huge mess of stuff left behind. He showed me what was in the garages before he removed it all....

Hydroponics, lights, growbags by the dozen, liquid fertiliser, tents etc. and some "plants".

Looks like he had a couple of grow rooms going.

New neighbour has told the police but they didn't want to know. It's all in a skip now.

Funny, deceased next door neighbour was a policeman for over 20 years!
 Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - Falkirk Bairn
It may be that your neighbour had a medical condition that was relieved by cannabis.

Instead of lining the pockets of drug dealers he grew some for personal use - no harm to anybody. Mind you all what would have happened if the double garage had gone on fire - explaining this to his insurer might have been tricky.

A few years ago a local take-away was closed for months. The tenant living above the shop was growing weed "for his own use" - a fire took hold in the loft, the fire brigade put the fire out but flooded both the house & the takeaway.
 Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - legacylad
A friend of mine in the USA grows her own for medicinal purposes. She paid $100 a year for a licence which allowed her to grow up to 7 plants.
I was instructed on how to feed them daily with special nutrients, harvest them, dry them and use them in cooking. Finely chopped, added to melted butter then reused in her baking.

She suffers from all kind of joint problems and nibbled on a cookie should the pain become bad....also helped her sleep at night. A few plants were used in the rolling of joints/ reefers which she would smoke outdoors very occasionally. Used the stuff intermittently on and off for 30 years...
>>It may be that your neighbour had a medical condition that was relieved by cannabis.

No.
 Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - bathtub tom
Just after we moved into this place, I was putting the bins out and a couple walked slowly down the road. Man introduced himself as from two doors down and asked how we were getting on (skip in front with old bathroom and kitchen in it). I thought it strange that the woman kept going, so conversation was brief as he caught her up.
Few days later, air ambulance came down nearby, looked out the window and there was around half a dozen police cars and two ambulances in the road.
Turns out the woman had dementia and husband had enough. He strangled her and went into the garage and hung himself. She recovered and dialled 999. He was cut down and revived.
She's now in a care home and he's in secure accommodation!
 Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - smokie
"It may be that your neighbour had a medical condition that was relieved by cannabis."

One of my neighbours who lives alone and has a fairly recent cancer diagnosis has taken up having the odd puff. I have nothing against it is any shape or form but it does stink out the back of our house - fortunately only the back area of our kitchen extension which we don't frequent much. Given the circumstances I don't want to challenge her over it but you'd have never imagined it of her!!
 Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - Boxsterboy
A few years ago we had to take possession of a flat literally 2 doors down from Harlesden Police Station. On entering this quite large flat it was fully kitted out with hydroponic/weed growing stuff. Literally 2 doors from the Police Station!
 Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - Fullchat
Cannabis grows require a lot of electicary to power the lamps. Hence more often than not meteres are bypassed.
Back in the day 'Hot Lofts' could be spotted easily from the air using the thermal imaging camera. Stuck out like sore thumbs.
 Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - Bobby
I have a neighbour with a hot tub, chance conversation in the street about running costs for it and, very matter of fact, he just said na we have bypassed the meter so it’s free to use.
 Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - Runfer D'Hills
Welcome to Weegieland!
;-)
Cooked a beef roast at home and took it around to my parents for Easter lunch today. It went down well with mum, but father is a grumpy ******* so and so and nothing pleases him - annoying because I chose beef because he doesn't like lamb - but mum does - should have stuck with the lamb!

(They can't come to ours as we have a curved stairway to our house which mum cannot negotiate since her fall and father wouldn't have bothered doing a nice roast.)

Anyway, to the point, armed police arrive opposite.

Lots of cuffuffle, and the bungalow is entered. Apparently opposites next door neighbour had noticed that the old guy hadn't been seen for a week or so and called the police who turned up with fire - arms support because he had a gun licence and weapons in the house.

Unfortunately there wasn't a good outcome with the poor guy being dead for at least a week.
"..arms support because he had a gun licence and weapons in the house."

They also carry MOE (Method of Entry) kit for opening locked doors.
 Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - VxFan
>> They also carry MOE (Method of Entry) kit for opening locked doors.

Is that the BIG red key often seen being used during drug raids, etc?
 Neighbours - what goes on behind closed doors.... - Ted

Never had the big red key in my time upholding the law...a good swift kick from a size 12 boot was enough to spring a locked door.

I recall being called by a panic stricken young lady to a bed sit where she had been locked out late at night. Lining up a kick, she said " that won't work, my boyfriend reinforced the locks and fitted a London bar ". She had met us before when we came across her, having a pee in a shop doorway after a skinful. Loaded her in patrol car and took her home, probably the only time she had been taken home in a Humber Super Snipe Estate !

She was quite right, the door stayed firmly shut, however we did gain access for her...the door, together with it's frame and several bricks fell into the room smashing a glass coffee table and several glasses !

How we chuckled.
Ted
Is that the BIG red key often seen being used during drug raids, etc?

One of them ;)
Last edited by: Fullchat on Mon 1 Apr 24 at 22:49
Latest Forum Posts