Non-motoring > Photo calendars - which sites are good? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: tyro Replies: 6

Photo calendars - which sites are good? - tyro
I'm thinking of getting a photo calendar - the sort where you upload your own photos, and someone like Vistaprint or Boots or Snapfish turns them into a calendar. There are a lot of companies in the business. I'd like to know who the best ones are. Any ideas?

I have a feeling that Which? did a comparison of these services recently, but I may be wrong. If anyone can confirm that - and tell me the results, that would also be helpful.
 Photo calendars - which sites are good? - paulb
We've used Photobox for the last few years - not as cheap as they once were but still very good and with a very user-friendly site. Would recommend.
 Photo calendars - which sites are good? - FocalPoint
Last year I bought a calendar of views of Italy from Amazon for my kitchen. For the price I wasn't impressed with the photo quality.

This year I've been making my own. I'm using Microsoft Publisher's template for each month's grid (A4 size) and printing out my own photos (also A4 size). Then I'll be binding the whole thing together with a plastic comb binder - I have the machine for this.

The only problem I haven't solved is how to make a neat hole through all the sheets, in exactly the same place, to hang the thing up with.
 Photo calendars - which sites are good? - CGNorwich
Why not make us all one?

www.print-finishing-paper-handling.co.uk/binding/Calendar_Making_Kit.htm
 Photo calendars - which sites are good? - teabelly
Standard hole punch? Use one side to get one neat hole. Might need to do it before you bind though as bindings are awkward.
 Photo calendars - which sites are good? - FotheringtonTomas
www.aldiphotos.co.uk/
 Photo calendars - which sites are good? - tyro
OK - embarrassing confession time.

Having asked for advice, I didn't take it. I looked at the aldi and Photobox sites, and just wasn't completely convinced. In the end, I used Kodak Gallery, and thought "If the calendars are rubbish, then I'll feel a right idiot, and wish I had used Photobox." In the event, I am well pleased. If I was nit-picking, the colours look like they might be slightly reddish or purplish, but nothing serious.

But thanks to paulb and FT for the suggestions.
Last edited by: tyro on Tue 7 Dec 10 at 17:26
Latest Forum Posts