Non-motoring > Best pub sign ever ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 8

Best pub sign ever ? - Ted

tinyurl.com/29mutxf

Ted
 Best pub sign ever ? - Tooslow
Yes, 10/10 for punctuation & spelling. ;-)
John
 Best pub sign ever ? - mikeyb
I'll let my Mrs know what time she can drop me off.
 Best pub sign ever ? - Runfer D'Hills
I once spent a night trying to sleep but being kept awake by the rythmic swinging and attendant squeaking of a pub sign outside my window while spending a night in Bath.

For about the first hour or two I was driven to mild jealousy as I had become convinced that the sound was that of an anonymous but particularly fit bloke in another room attending to his wife. However, as time went on my admiration for his stamina turned to disbelief and further investigation revealed the source of the disturbance to be the sign.

I did actually feel a lot better about it all once I knew the truth. The primary conclusion had begun to make me feel a touch inadequate after a while.
 Best pub sign ever ? - Zero
There was a good pub I knew that put a huge red cross outside and called itself a "Thirst Aid Centre"
 Best pub sign ever ? - Ted

while spending a night
>> in Bath.
>>

You should have asked for a bed.....Humpers !

Ted
 Best pub sign ever ? - Perky Penguin
There is good news and, as ever, there is bad news! I have seen this sign, admired the spelling, punctuation and French accents plus thought it highly amusing and a good idea for the partners of women who shop. It is in the pedestrianised shopping area in Chichester and I went in there with my partner in the height of last summer, remember Summer?

They did not have one draught bitter available so I drank IPA which is OK and the food was nothing special. 10/10 for effort and concept but otherwise nothing special.
 Best pub sign ever ? - Mike Hannon
I'm old enough to remember when a creche was a car accident in Knightsbridge...
 Best pub sign ever ? - Runfer D'Hills
>> a car accident in Knightsbridge...

..or Morningside

:-)
Latest Forum Posts