Non-motoring > 'New' post indicator Miscellaneous
Thread Author: scousehonda Replies: 21

'New' post indicator - scousehonda
The little red 'New' indicator signifying a new post has stopped working on my system. Is there a known way to reactivate it please?
 'New' post indicator - VxFan
Have you recently deleted your cookies?
Ran something like CCleaner, but didn't save the C4P cookie beforehand in the settings?
Yes, I did just that yesterday but, lo and behold, the 'New' sign seems to have re-appeared. Have the cookies been reactivated automatically or is there something that I need to do to correct he situation?
 'New' post indicator - Cliff Pope
They expire after a certain length of time if you don't open the thread, I'm not sure what the period is.
When you visited C4P again (and logged in) the cookie would have been re-created. Unless you add the C4P cookie (and any other cookies for other sites that use log in details to remember "new" flags) to the settings of CCleaner, it'll happen the next time you run it.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 14 Dec 10 at 10:39
 'New' post indicator - Iffy
I've noticed I sometimes get 'new' or '1new' to indicate one new post.

Today seems to be more of a '1new' day.

Just been out for a haircut and, on my return, all is definitely back to normal.

Thanks for the advices.
 'New' post indicator - R.P.
....and the site ?
 'New' post indicator - MD
He looks awful...:))
Am I missing something?
Sorry it was me trying to be clever..
Having just re-read it, I've worked out what you were getting at.
 'New' post indicator - Iffy
...Having just re-read it, I've worked out what you were getting at...

Which I suspect is more than the rest of us have managed to do.
The way I re-read it was that since having his haircut he's back to normal, but PU wanted to know whether the site was back to normal as well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 15 Dec 10 at 21:19
You are quite right Dave - as I say a poor attempt. Can still do an umlaut though.
 'New' post indicator - L'escargot
>> Have you recently deleted your cookies?
>> Ran something like CCleaner, but didn't save the C4P cookie beforehand in the settings?
>>

c4play.com to be precise.
Pug

Believe it or not, I've just got it! It's taken me a day and a half to get what is a pretty good humorous aside. Mind you, as today (well yesterday actually) was my 72nd birthday it's not that surprising that the grey matter is not in as good a shape as it once was. The late post is because I have just got home from my birthday disco (not).

My haircut turned out OK, by the way.
 'New' post indicator - Pat
I'm just surprised that you've got any hair left at that age:)

Pat

Can we have a confessional thread please?

Who is bald and who has a beard?

No? Ok then:(
 'New' post indicator - Crankcase

>> Can we have a confessional thread please?
>>
>> Who is bald and who has a beard?

Pat, if you're trying to tell us something, I for one have a whole new image of you now.

To my utter dismay - a full head of hair with associated maintenance issues..as for a beard - read the shaving thread !
Pat

My excuse for posting at 00.29 was having been to a birthday disco (ha ha). What's yours for posting at 04.15.

Funnily enough I got up at about 04.00 to have a peep at the cricket. Maybe that's what you were doing??
 'New' post indicator - Pat
I'm usually up around 3.30am, it's from years of starting work at that time and I cn't get out of the habit. Mr pda still starts early so it works out well and anyway, morning people are nice people:)

I love my couple of hours of peace before the world wakes up and spoils it!

Pat
Latest Forum Posts