Non-motoring > Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Perky Penguin Replies: 18

Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Perky Penguin
Just in case some of you might hazard a bit of money on the Euro Millions on Xmas Eve I should mention that, each week, there is one millionaire prize which can only be won in the UK. Your Euro millions ticket gives you an entry in to this draw as well. Next Friday there will be 25 prizes of £1 million, instead of the usual one so it might be worth a ticket!
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Tooslow
I hope you win it Perky, to make up for your forthcoming "event". Still, you won't have to put up with the witch.
Good luck,
John
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Falkirk Bairn
Remember to check your old Euromillions tickets for the £1m draw - currently 5/6 people have won the £1m prize and failed to claim their prizes in the last 2/3 months.

Xmas would have been a lot easier to for these 5/6 people having £1m in the bank rather than an old winning ticket in a drawer @ work or in an old pair of jeans in the wardrobe.
Thanks FB! My 5 tickets haven't changed my life!
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Redviper
Good luck everyone - I get my tickets on line, so I will be doing that now
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Tooslow
I don't normally buy a Euromillions ticket, but seeing it was a £36m rollover I bought one.

I WON! I WON!

£6.50. Ah well, I came out in front.

John
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Focusless
Don't normally do the lottery but after seeing this thread we bought 5 tickets online (£10).

Just got an email - "News about your ticket!". Heart started beating faster - signed in.

£7.40.

Oh well - maybe next year :)
>> Don't normally do the lottery but after seeing this thread we bought 5 tickets online
>> (£10).
>>
>> Just got an email - "News about your ticket!". Heart started beating faster - signed
>> in.
>>
>> £7.40.
>>
>> Oh well - maybe next year :)
>>
£2.60 loss - you do not get many thrills or £2.60 these days so probably was worth it!
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Dulwich Estate
I "won" £5 by not buying 5 tickets - result!
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Skoda
I wanted to put 2 tickets on (£4) but the minimum you can load online via debit card is £5, so i thought i'd buy an Instant Win card with the £1.

I won about 12 times, almost in a row, only small amounts each time but after paying £5 from my bank account i ended up transferring back £50 :-) Not bad for a spare £1.

I'd have been better buying toilet paper than Euromillions tickets with the other £4 mind :-)
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Clk Sec
>>I "won" £5 by not buying 5 tickets - result!

Twice that much in fact, as they're £2 a go.

As a first timer with Euro Millions I presented a crisp fiver and asked for 5 random tickets, but ended up forking out another quid for three. Didn't get a single number on any of them.
My life has not been changed! I am £10 poorer than I was on Friday and I have not won any 1 of the 25 £1 million prizes. BUT, I had a very nice Christmas with friends and family, first time I have not been at work for the holiday since 1995 and that is worth more than mere money!
only 9 out of 25 millionaire winners have come forward so far- I'd be very surprised if all 25 came forward in the next 6 months.
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Clk Sec
>>only 9 out of 25 millionaire winners have come forward so far

I'll check mine again, then.
:)
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Injection Doc
My pal at work won 11.78million in the middle of last year ! needless to say he didn't return to work but it was great to see him become a winner.
So there are those that strike lucky.
>> My pal at work won 11.78million in the middle of last year !

How big a pal? Did you get a night out? A wee shot of his new car?

Locally a Drs receptionist won £3m, treated the nurses, clerical staff to a purvey - she brought in sandwiches, scones & cakes. Did not buy her Council house as they were due to get Dbl Glazing and a new boiler installed in the coming 12 months.

Was it really worth her while winning when "nothing would actually change"?
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - BiggerBadderDave
"Was it really worth her while winning when "nothing would actually change"?"

Can't stand that attitude. "oooh it won't change me"

It would change me. New house, new cars, new friends.
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - bathtub tom
>>new friends.

Yeah, I guess it'd attract a number of them.
 Euro Millions - 24th Dec 2010 - Injection Doc
Falkirk Bairn
It couldn't of happened to a nicer chappie, no he just bought us all some cakes!!!!
Didn't worry me, it was just refreshing to see someone win it so close to home. Good luck to him. He had a big family to share it with & he has done just that & looks very well on it.
Latest Forum Posts