Non-motoring > Whinging travellers. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 8

Whinging travellers. - Old Navy
Don't people realise that airports are just like rail and bus stations, with a bigger throughput. Why all the whinging, can't people take care of themselves? The airport is at least providing a warm building to shelter in.
 Whinging travellers. - Perky Penguin
Because the numbers at airports are in the thousands and because the EU has laid down regulations concerning the treatment and rights of delayed air passengers. These rules do not even apply to train and bus passengers (yet).
 Whinging travellers. - paulb
Easy to criticise from the comfort of an armchair. Thing is, this weather has been forecast with (for once) a pretty high degree of accuracy for long enough for the airports and airlines to have taken some steps to prepare themselves, but if the news reports are to be believed they have not exactly stretched themselves. Can't expect people stuck in airport terminals to be happy about it, either.
 Whinging travellers. - Focusless
>> Can't expect people stuck
>> in airport terminals to be happy about it, either.

And missing your holiday is usually more disappointing/annoying than missing a day at work.
 Whinging travellers. - paulb
>> And missing your holiday is usually more disappointing/annoying than missing a day at work.
>>

Not to mention more costly. A friend was due to fly out from LHR yesterday for a week's skiing (the irony of the situation has not been lost on him). Fortunately he found out his flight had been cancelled before he set out from home.

Due to some sneaky little loophole in the travel policy he has (one of these "free with your current account" jobs) he's not covered for cancellations, so has had to buy another ticket at considerably greater cost for a flight on Tuesday.
 Whinging travellers. - ....
>> Not to mention more costly. A friend was due to fly out from LHR yesterday
>> for a week's skiing (the irony of the situation has not been lost on him).
>>
I wonder if irony will work on the little dahlings next Saturday.
Sorry kids ! Santa couldn't make it this year due to the snow :-)
 Whinging travellers. - smokie
" "free with your current account" jobs"

I took out a new credit card as one of the benefits was one of those insurances but the small print made clear it wasn't a full replacement for proper travel insurance. Felt a bit cheated really.
 Whinging travellers. - bathtub tom
I'll have to read mine more closely!

Did I hear a news report about passengers being kept on a 'plane for nine hours and not being allowed off whilst waiting for take-off. Some called 999 as a medical emergency - I don't reckon I'd have waited that long.
 Whinging travellers. - spamcan61
>> I'll have to read mine more closely!
>>
>> Did I hear a news report about passengers being kept on a 'plane for nine
>> hours and not being allowed off whilst waiting for take-off. Some called 999 as a
>> medical emergency - I don't reckon I'd have waited that long.
>>

Yes, didn't surprise me, a friend of mine was flying with a major carrier; involved in a crash landing, they were treated like illegal immigrants, had to wait best part of a day before they were allowed through immigration. Hardly any food or water either, very shoddy treatment.
Latest Forum Posts