Non-motoring > Happy New year. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 37

Happy New year. - Zero
It seems that the TV crews left the stump mic on, when the two captains
were tossing up for the Boxing Day Ashes test match.

Strauss: " Heads - Ah seems I won, Ok you guys can bat"
Pontin: " Errr - Sorry Andrew, really we cant, honestly"
Strauss: "Ok Ricky, you guys can bowl then"
Pontin: "Well its like this Andy, we really can't do that either"

Happy New Year!
 Happy New year. - BobbyG
Well folks, Happy New Year when it comes!
I have a few neighbours coming round tonight for a wee tipple or four.
Not sure if it will stay dry enough to light the chiminea or just light the wood burning stove in my wee garden pub.
Might do both just to keep up the odds for BBD!

Have a good time whatever you are doing and hope to see you all next year!
 Happy New year. - MD
The very best to you all. Staying in expecting a call from MIL. Not very well unfortunately. Have one for us and keep yer chin(s) up..::)

Best..................M
 Happy New year. - Pat
I'm going to bed and cuddle the cats so they can't hear the fireworks.

Happy New Year all and I bet I'm up before you in the morning:)

Pat
 Happy New year. - Bellboy
nice night in with the wife
2 bottles of supposed champagne on ice (what a rip)
door locked
is jools on? i hope so
anyway a happy and prosperous new year to one and all from oldman towers.........
 Happy New year. - RattleandSmoke
Going out but about 15 of us are all going to the same club, if half my facebook are there it is going to be very packed.

Tickets were only £5 though. Not really in the mood to go out yet, trying to get in the mood but for some reason not really looking forward to it. I think it is because NYE always end up being a bad night.
 Happy New year. - Harleyman
Local rugby club for us; Meatloaf tribute act and buffet for £10 per head.

New clubhouse and ground, built by Tesco as a thankyou for putting their new Tescopolis on the site of the old ones. Saves going into town and suffering the excesses of teenagers with low alcohol tolerance and high testosterone. and close enough for me to walk home if I fancy a late session; Mrs. H is teetotal and doesn't like very late nights.

Happy and safe New Year to all of you.
Last edited by: Harleyman on Fri 31 Dec 10 at 18:52
 Happy New year. - Fenlander
>>>is jools on?
Yes.

Is anyone worth watching on Jools?
No.

Happy New year. - CGNorwich
"Jools Holland will host his 18th annual special, featuring pop goddess Kylie Minogue, who dusts down some of her classic hits, and Gnarls Barkley frontman Cee Lo Green, performing a special version of his smash hit Forget You.

Also joining Jools are Alison Moyet, the Who's Roger Daltrey, the original queen of rockabilly Wanda Jackson, veteran reggae star Toots Hibbert (of Toots & the Maytals fame), rapper and soul singer Plan B, singer-songwriter Rumer, folk supergroup Bellowhead, American indie band Vampire Weekend, and acoustic duo Secret Sisters. Plus, Rico Rodriquez, Ruby Turner, the Rhythm & Blues Orchestra and the New Year is rung in by the Pipes and Drums of the 1st Battalion Scots Guards."

If you don't fancy that you can always tune into BBC2 at 9.00 and watch Bruce Forsyth reminisce about the London Palladium with Cliff Richard, Michael Crawford and Andrew Lloyd Webber. AAAAAGH!
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Fri 31 Dec 10 at 19:14
 Happy New year. - Fenlander
OK so I'll give it a look just for Kylie.
 Happy New year. - VxFan
>> OK so I'll give it a look just for Kylie.

You should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky.
 Happy New year. - Iffy
Last night of the season in the caravan for me, after finally getting various leaks and bursts fixed.

There's a black tie dinner at the site pub/restaurant which I would pay to avoid, but I might venture out onto my deck at midnight to watch their fireworks.

Alternatively, I might be asleep.

Being here gives me that option - no chance of being disturbed by a neighbour's party which there would be at Iffy Towers.

Tomorrow morning I will winterise the caravan and shut the door on it until March.

Did I ever tell you about wintersing? It's very interesting you know....

Happy New year. - Tooslow
Happy New Year!

Two thousand and eleven or Twenty eleven?

Who cares!

John
 Happy New year. - Armel Coussine
We are fairly mob handed here. The nippers are charming. My daughter seems to be dressed as a Red Indian or Native American. I am feeling a bit crap and being curmudgeonly and useless. About par for the festive season which I am unaccountably bad at unlike some of the young.

A very happy and prosperous new year to nearly all of you, a slightly severe look or over-familiar dig in the ribs for one or two, bad cess to none really. Must be going soft in my old age.
 Happy New year. - BiggerBadderDave
We're going over to the hot neighbour's now. She's a high court judge and she's having marital problems. Fannytastic.

Happy New Year y'all.
 Happy New year. - Dulwich Estate
Watch out ! Fact: New Year's Eve is a peak time for domestic burglary.

Happy New year. - Zero
I am off to a party. Got to take fifi with me, she is perfectly happy at a party hoovering up the vol au vents and blinis off the floor and supping the odd beer in an ashtray treat, but would be terrified at home with the fireworks!

Have to take nicole as well. - She is driving.

I have a crate of Birra Moretti to take.

My spelling is bad, I have consumed the best part of a bottle of prosecco.
 Happy New year. - BobbyG
Well I now understand what dog owners refer to when they say their dogs are petrified with fireworks. Rug had to be lifted and put outside after pup emptied its complete bowel contents on it during the fireworks!
 Happy New year. - sherlock47

TV is crap, not going out, SWMBO has just accused me of being a 'grumpy old man' for questioning why people get on the 'NYHs List' for doing a job badly, I might as well go to bed now.

HYN

Happy New year. - Skoda
Happy new year to everyone when it comes, and all the best for the new year. We're off to finish getting mangled!

*Mutter*, *mutter* rip off taxis, *mutter*, *mutter* at least it's a Skoda... :-)
 Happy New year. - Roger.
What's so special? It's only another day in an invented calendar - much like birthdays & Christmas - blooming humbug.
For me - I would ignore Xmas & birthdays as well as all man-made "days" just meant to make one buy overpriced bits of cardboard masquerading as greetings cards: unfortunately SWMBO loves all that sort of thing, so I'm still up, albeit in jim-jams, at the "witching hour".

Happy New year. - Roger.
ZZZZZZZZZ
Last edited by: landsker on Fri 31 Dec 10 at 23:00
 Happy New year. - Ted

I agree totally with Landsker's most erudite comment.
Not going anywhere. Pushed a cheese omelette round the plate for 15 minutes....house full of booze and havn't touched any for a week.

In between naps, i watched Murder on the Orient Express. hadn't a clue what was going on.
Totally spoilt anyway by the British Railways Standard Class 5 locomotive at the head of the train.
They never, ever, get it right !

Anyway, I do wish all of you, Iffy in his mountain retreat, Dog in his Cornish kennel, Pat in her pussy infested bed and all the other suspects and reprobates in this virtual Young Offenders Institute a very good 2011.

There, I've said...that's all you get.

Ted
 Happy New year. - Fullchat
A Happy New Year to you all.
 Happy New year. - RattleandSmoke
Had a really good night, apart from one of my best mates head gasket blowing up we all managed to get there on time :) I know I can be a moaning git but tonight just made me realise just how good some of my friends are :).

The downside is I keep promising in 2011 to join a gym to loose by pot belly and it is 2011 now, no excuses.

However just eated a microwaved pie and got a 10" pizza in the oven.
 Happy New year. - Dog
>>Dog in his Cornish kennel<<

Thanks for that Teddy, I don't actually do Xmas and the new year thingy and have managed to avoid it (so far)
has it gorn yet?

Happy and a Healthy New Year to all.
 Happy New year. - Leif
>> What's so special? It's only another day in an invented calendar - much like birthdays
>> & Christmas - blooming humbug.

The Celts used to celebrate mid-winter, marking the start of the days getting longer, and the approach of spring. That is something to celebrate. Pity Christianity usurped all the good pagan festivals, along with very other event, such as Armistice day. Why can't these dress wearing nutters keep their fingers out of other peoples events.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 2 Jan 11 at 02:00
 Happy New year. - Mike Hannon
Happy New Year all.
We turned down all invites, as always, because I can't stand New Year's Eve. Instead we made the mistake of watching Jonathan Creek on UK TV because SWMBO recalls liking Alan Davies. I am still fighting for words adequately to describe what absolute tosh it was. At least it reminded me why I am here - and that it was time for bed...
 Happy New year. - AnotherJohnH
>> I agree totally with Landsker's most erudite comment.

I think there's something to be said for going druid/pagan and celebrating winter solstice, and the other quarter days.

Something to see and possibly understand, and if you want to go anywhere (except maybe Stonehenge) it's not too busy.
 Happy New year. - devonite
>>I think there's something to be said for going druid/pagan and celebrating winter solstice, and the other quarter days.

Something to see and possibly understand,<<

Thats the Spirit....join us......join us.....

you`ve no -one to answer to - except yourself, you make your own Gods (if you need a diety!) and you make your own Devils, - you`ll never be hit by a bolt of lightning (unless you`re under a tree in a storm) and you wont spend the rest of Eternity in the burning flames of Hell!

p,s

Happy New Year!......that`ll be Imbolc then on the 1st February!
Last edited by: devonite on Sat 1 Jan 11 at 12:34
 Happy New year. - Ted

Noticed a picture of our Druid Archbish of Cant in the paper.

Why do I always think he needs a good wash and would probably look the part grappling with the internals of some steam bonking engine rather then a mitre and stick thing ?

Ted
 Happy New year. - Alanovich
Stayed in and had a couple of old friends round, with a 9-pint barrel of Hocus Pocus fresh from the local brewery - Loddon, for the bearded and sandaled amongst us. There's still a bit left.

Was impressed with the London fireworks ths year, come over well on the telly.

HNY to all, and a special mention to my neighbour Focus, with thanks for all his info on getting cheap deals out of our mutual energy provider!
 Happy New year. - Runfer D'Hills
Happy New Year to all ( or at least a bearable one ! ) I don't think it's going to be an easy one.

I've been putting shelves up all day. She can't bear to see me idle. Had to nip out to "Focus" for some bits. Ours is next door to a Sainsburys. Car park was packed amazingly enough. I was there yesterday and the customers were apparently preparing for a siege so what they need to buy today beggars belief. More sprouts maybe ?

Got to go, apparently we need to re-arrange furniture now...
 Happy New year. - Zero

>> I've been putting shelves up all day. She can't bear to see me idle.

What a waste of a holiday day!

Nicole, Fifi and I toodled off the West Wittering for a traditional BBQ with friends down on the beach.
 Happy New year. - Bellboy
Raining here all day so staying indoors finishing the port off
Off for a long walk in a family get together tomorrow so that should be fun
 Happy New year. - Runfer D'Hills
>> What a waste of a holiday day!

I know. New Year's Day in my past was always a skiing day weather permitting. Now look at me.
 Happy New year. - Pat
I started off 2011 as I mean to go on...it was the first day I didn't have to cook anything over the whole of Christmas:)

We set off early for a family gathering in Kent and had a lovely day.

The amount of cars in the Fen on the way out to the M11 at 8am was surprising and then we realised they were all going home after the celebrations from the way they were being driven.

Filled the CRV up in Hartley for the journey back and kicked ourselves as we had to pay £1.23 per litre.
Going round the roundabout at Chatteris we saw petrol had gone up to £1.32 per litre so we ended the journey not feeling so bad after all.

Pat
 Happy New year. - Mike Hannon
>>with a 9-pint barrel of Hocus Pocus fresh from the local brewery - Loddon, for the bearded and sandaled amongst us. There's still a bit left.<<

Not much of a party then... ;-)
Latest Forum Posts