Non-motoring > Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 9

Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 - BobbyG
My 13 year old son has got Fifa 11 for his Christmas.

When he tries to play this game online, it tells him that he is too young. The accompanying literature says he needs to be 13, which he is.

Now he has xbox live membership, he has a profile id, but I do not know what this game is checking against to check his age which somewhere along the line must be wrong?

The game also comes with a code to input and it says on the literature that it will ask for this the first time the game is played. Well he can't remember if it did but he has certainly never input the code. How do I "reset" the system so that it thinks it is playing it for the first time?

Any help would be appreciated - I really know bleep bleep all about these game things!
 Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 - MD
Bobby sympathy, but I am soooo grateful that all this carp wasn't around when my Daughter grew up. Where are the Kids playing in the fields as we did and having a normal time. I despair I truly do.

Not pointed at you or anyone, just an old git letting of steam. I guess one is a child of their times. Good luck mate.
 Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 - Iffy
A Scottish lad who wants to play international football?

I think the X-box is being cruel to be kind by saving the boy having to watch his team take a thrashing. :)

Seriously, I'm sure he's disappointed, so I hope someone can point you in the right direction.

Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 - Zero
Its the post code. Microsoft know its an international wilderness so its not available north of the border.

BUT

Have you check the various xbox live forums or FIFA forums on the web

Google it.
 Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 - spamcan61
I know bleep all about xbox live but have you double checked his date of birth / age on the xbox live account?
 Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 - BobbyG
Am in process of googling these and been onto various which say once you register a date of birth you can't check it or change it!
I can see why but thats not very helpful to me!

support.microsoft.com/kb/973498

I am assuming if I set up another account, as this is a paid for xbox live membership, I would need to pay again which I ain't doing!

Grrr
 Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 - Iffy
...I am assuming if I set up another account, as this is a paid for xbox live membership, I would need to pay again which I ain't doing!...

Could be, but I'd have thought you could set up more than one user on the same machine without having to pay over each time.

Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 - spamcan61
Gosh I'm glad my teenage daughters aren't into gaming....

Anyway, might be worth trawling this thread at it seems relevant:-

uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25857188&page=1
 Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 - Robin O'Reliant
Never had this problem with Subbuteo.
 Help with xbox please! Fifa 11 - SteelSpark
Bobby. As far as I know, the limit for online with Fifa 11 is actually 16, which would explain the problem.

I don't have an Xbox, but is there a "family settings" menu, and is there anything in there that might allow you to override it? (I think there could be some kind of parental override).

Might be worth trying to create a new local user, but I am not sure how that is tied to the Xbox Live account.

A new account might be the only option. I suppose you could close the current one down and then re-open a new one, but I am guessing that your son wouldn't like the impact of that.
Last edited by: SteelSpark on Thu 30 Dec 10 at 23:46
Latest Forum Posts