Non-motoring > King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain Car Deals
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 43

King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Mapmaker
www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/8260261/King-of-Shaves-chief-Will-King-aims-to-beat-Gillette-on-price-and-performance.html

Saturday's business section revealed to me a British company that competes very favourably with Gillette on price - and they claim performance.

Any other users here - or anybody waiting in excitement until 25 January when their new Azor 5 is launched at Asda?

(I have no connection other than my being a cheapskate and liking buying British.)
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - FotheringtonTomas
>> Any other users here - or anybody waiting in excitement until 25 January when their
>> new Azor 5 is launched at Asda?

Not me.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - paulb
If this new gizmo of theirs is as good a product to use as their shave gels, they're on to a winner.

Might just pick one up and give it a go.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Alanovich
www.worldbeardchampionships.com/
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Zero
This place is going to the dogs.

One thread is waxing lyrical and dewy eyed over Diecrapsu's, and now we have one waiting in excitement for a new razor launch at Asda.

King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Clk Sec
I don't know why you're moaning, it could have been Tesco.
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Fri 21 Jan 11 at 13:33
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - sherlock47
King of Shaves The gel is very good to use - altho since growing a bearad about 12 months ago the fequency of visits to the sink with a razor have significantly deceased!
Never tried their hardware tho.
>> I don't know why you're moaning, it could have been Tesco.

dont make it worse
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - sherlock47
Having just read the press release, it sounds like something straight from Reginald Perrin and Groomtech. How can anybody be so entusiatic about male grooming?

2 examples
"Americans like the spunk and gutsiness of Brits in business and how we do things but America is absolutely ginormous and very sophisticated to deal with in terms of its buying nuances.

"If you take the time to look at the market and its dynamics, this is a very interesting space to be in.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - mikeyb
Was given their last razor offering for free during a promo in boots. used it a couple of times then chucked it and went back to my old "best a man can get"

That said would still be prepared to give it a try
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Alastairw
I have been using the Azor for about 18 months now, and can't really see how an extra blade would improve it. It gives a clean, close shave and the blade cartridges are reasonably priced and last a good while.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Robin O'Reliant
I'll stick with me Bic disposables. All this male grooming business has gone a bit too far, women prefer a bit of rough.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - DP
I bought an Azor set a month or two back out of curiosity, and having never used this brand before. Not very impressed to be honest. Needs several passes to achieve a close shave, which for someone with fairly sensitive skin is a big problem.
I find Gillette Fusion to be the best by a long way, but they are heinously expensive.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - -
Is this the 'return of cave man' thread?

Hard to believe some still ponce about trying to rip the skin from their faces when a quality machine will give a shave every bit as good, and a sight more costs effective.

Luddite's, the lot of you, get with it.

>>when a quality machine will give a shave every bit as good,

I've yet to find a 'quality machine' that gives a half decent shave.
>> Luddite's, the lot of you, get with it.

that's rich coming from motoring cave man Luddite of Northampton!
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 23 Jan 11 at 03:54
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - MD
Bought one an hour ago. I'll let ya know in the morning.

Never found a machine that was ANY good after the first shave.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - MD
Tried it this morning and to be fair it was very good, but whether it is any better that Gillette who knows. The price is much better though.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - corax
>> that's rich coming from motoring cave man Luddite of Northampton!

He's a man of many contradictions, our GB :)
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 23 Jan 11 at 03:54
Ye gods, you can lead them to water..;)

Philips HQ7390. reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/4431259/reviews.htm?page=2

Bought one of these for a very good price in Argos' sale a few weeks ago, i have another similar one that i keep in the shower which is now about 4 years old and still on it's original heads and blades, use with shaving gel on wet face which provides excellent lubricant for the blades and must lessen blade wear, proof in how long mine have lasted.
Full charge lasts me about a week of shaves.

Lesson in good shave with one of these.

Wash clock, leave wet and apply squirt of any shaving gel and smooth to just foaming up, shave once, then reapply thinly and go over again.
Takes a couple of minutes, your face will feel as smooth as can be and will be as clean as a whistle.

I should charge for this service, and don't try this on the nether regions should your SWM or significant other fancy a bit of smooth...Yelp...bandage matron.

--:)
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sat 22 Jan 11 at 12:37

>> I should charge for this service, and don't try this on the nether regions should
>> your SWM or significant other fancy a bit of smooth...Yelp...bandage matron.
>>
>> --:)

Nope - quite right. Wax strips only for the back, sack and crack.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Bigtee
Gillette mach 3 blades 20 for £20.00 ish at Costco.

Why are they so damn expensive?

Id use electric razor but it burns my face, Must have sensative skin. :-)
>>Gillette mach 3 blades 20 for £20.00 ish at Costco.

Let me know if they're selling fusion blades at the same price. Costco? I'll soon find one...
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - mikeyb
>> >>Gillette mach 3 blades 20 for £20.00 ish at Costco.
>>
>> Let me know if they're selling fusion blades at the same price. Costco? I'll soon
>> find one...
>>

Just come back from costco - fusion blades are in pack of 16 for around 20 quid, although I can't recall if that was inc or + VAT
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Iffy
I've seen some decent offers on Gillette Fusion and other Gillette blades at Superdrug.

I don't think they are always on the web, so a bit of legwork may be required.

King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Pat
I wish you'd all just grow beards.

Think of the cost saving on razor blades.

And think of how appealing you will become to the female side of the population.

Pat
You lot spend a fortune on blades. Buy a leccy razor.
>>Just come back from costco - fusion blades are in pack of 16 for around 20 quid, although >>I can't recall if that was inc or + VAT
>>I've seen some decent offers on Gillette Fusion and other Gillette blades at Superdrug.
>>I don't think they are always on the web, so a bit of legwork may be required.

That's a good price at Costo, though no store in my vicinity. Saw packs of 4 at Superdrug this morning at £10.98 (ouch!), but there seems to be plenty online for around £14/£15 for twice that many.
>>You lot spend a fortune on blades.

Coz we like a decent shave...
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - rtj70
Maybe some bargains to be had for Fusion blades? The new Gillette ProGlide is out tomorrow.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Perky Penguin
Luckily for me rough women like a bit of fat!
>>Plenty of blades available online

Unless from a reputable retailer, quite possibly fake. Beware Amazon where you are buying otherwise than from Amazon Ltd, i.e. from Mr Bloggs's rip off store.

Many market stalls sell fake Mach 3s.
>>Unless from a reputable retailer, quite possibly fake...

I'm careful when it comes to parting with money :(

Good advice, though.
Gordonbennet>> A philishave

Well, £50 capital cost, plus £30 for a set of new blades every 2 years. (I know you've still got your originals after four years, but you change them, you'll notice the improvement.) Aha. I see that you have as you've just bought a replacement. So £12.50 a year; £20 if you'd replaced the heads after two years.

Compare to using a razor blade, a very similar cost. And are you, Zero, really quite so poor that a fiver a year is going to break you? I know times are hard...

Now:

1. A blade doesn't take the 2-3 minutes you mention.
2. A blade doesn't get horrid and manky; or rather you throw it away long before it's been around for four years.
3. A blade doesn't make an irritating whirr.
4. A blade doesn't run out of battery. You may well be organised enough... I know I'd be going to work unshaven once a week.
A blade is all you need if you are travelling light for a day or two away.

I've used shampoo, bar soap and no soap in the past.

King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - R.P.
They'll wreck a blade quickly though. Funnily enough my can of Tesco shaving foam ran out - funds ran to a new one (less than a quid) a few weeks ago. During some cupboard auditing I came across a can of Nivea shaving foam (Florida April 2010) and a giant can of Gillette (it was cheaper that way- Northen France 2010). Guess I'm sorted for a couple of years.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Mon 24 Jan 11 at 18:49
After forgetting to buy a can of foam during my last three or four supermarket visits, I have this very day picked up a can from Lidl.

It was £1.09 but that is for 300ml, a lot of the others are only 200ml.

Not sure how long it will last, but my previous Gillette one is going rusty.

Last edited by: Iffy on Mon 24 Jan 11 at 18:53
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Tooslow
I had a strange shaving related converation a few years ago with MiL. It went something like...

We’re all sat there one Saturday morning, reading the paper, drinking coffee. MiL keeps reading bits of hers out. Eventually she gets bored and puts her paper down. After a while “Do you use an electric razor?”. I’m behind the paper, she hasn’t addressed anyone, ears didn’t register it but brain tuned in somehow. Is she speaking to me? Well she wouldn’t ask her husband and she’s not addressing SWMBO so that leaves me. Panic! Is she sizing me up for an unsuitable Christmas present? It’s July so maybe not. I peer out from behind the paper. “No”. I wait for the obvious question. Long pause, it doesn’t come. I go back to the paper. Where was I? That article, found the para! “Have you ever used an electric shaver”. Out I come from behind paper, “No”. I’m waiting still, for the obvious question. No? OK, back to paper. That news item, where was I up to. “Do you use an electric shaver on holiday?” she asks? “refer to previous two answers I’m thinking but “No” is what I say. I wait for the obvious question, still not asked but by now FiL is cheesed off and jumps in. I leave them to it. The obvious question does come up but FiL fields it.

John
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Focusless
I've started (wet) shaving in the shower recently - saves a bit of time and my face seems very smooth after. Just use shower gel for the lather.
Mapmaker, nice try but you're wrong about this.

Using the Philshave wet with shaving gel lubricates the blades, i haven't replaced the main one, just that now lives in the shower room (for shaving whilst showering) and the new one gets used in the main bathroom.

Never bought a set of Philishave blades or heads yet, the new one does cut quicker but that could easily be blade design, it's certainly more aggressive sounding as it slices through.

1. My throat growth grows sideways so regardless of which method i use it's a 2 or 3 minute job as i have to go over several times from one side, imperfect in so many ways.

2. The shavers are spotlessly clean, either rinsed thoroughly under the bath tap or under the shower on pulse, which thinking about it would make an effective parts cleaner if SWM is out..;)

3. The noise doesn't bother me, quite like hearing the facial eqivalent of a lawnmower snipping through wet hairs.

4. Both rechargeables, and i give them a top up once a week.

Wouldn't be surprised if you lot restarted the fashion for cut throat razors and walked around with a leather strop over your shoulders as a masonic sign of brotherhood.

It's time to get with it chaps, i've used razors before and they should be consigned to history.
>>Mapmaker, nice try but you're wrong about this.

No, you just disagree with me.

>>It's time to get with it chaps, i've used razors before and they should be consigned to history.

My first razor was electric (battery actually), and I've had a couple of electric razors since. Trust me, I wouldn't be tempted back.

>>Never bought a set of Philishave blades or heads yet, the new one does cut quicker but
>>that could easily be blade design,

No, it's because the old ones are blunt. I got sick of throwing cash at my electric razor. According to Wikipedia the blades have a spec life of 18 months.
>> No, you just disagree with me.
>>

Because you're comparing apples and pears.

I too tried electric dry razors and thought they could be convenient for a quick spruce up, in your car for example, they didn;t reaally do a good job, left your face dusty with minute hair cuttings, were dirty things and as you've noted the blades needed replacing regularly.

They didn't get to wear to any degree, the cutting blade would tear a hole in the foil, then snag and before you knew it you looked like you'd been 3 rounds and lost to a tough ginger tom cat.

A battery electric razor was as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot.

A philishave used wet with lubricant is in a different league altogther, no dust, no dirt, minimal wear (try running your engine without oil for a couple of weeks), good cutting ability, convenient and very economical compared with some of those poncy face slicers.
I'm actually comparing the effectiveness of a needs-no-batteries razor with a the-batteries-have-run-flat razor.

I tell you I'd forever be going to work unshaven, so a rechargeable razor would not work for me. And I find the noise irritating, but that's by the by.
 King of Shaves Razor Azor 5 British Made Bargain - Soupytwist
Alastair's experience with the Azor is pretty much the same as mine, so another vote for them.
Latest Forum Posts