Non-motoring > Congregational & General Insurance Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Badwolf Replies: 2

Congregational & General Insurance - Badwolf
We used a broker for our buildings and contents insurance and they found us a very reasonable price with a company called Congregational & General. So we went ahead.

However, now we've had to claim we wish that we had gone elsewhere. We sent our claim form to them over a fortnight ago and had no acknowledgement. We've been promised phone calls from a loss adjuster but these have never happened. They are only open 9-5 so LadyMuck can't deal with them as she works 9-5 and can't use the phone at work. I can't phone them unless I'm on a break, and then there's nowhere quiet and private to make the call. And even if I do, it takes at least fifteen attempts to get a ringing tone, then at least half an hour in a queue before you get to speak to a human. I've actually had to take today off work to try to get our claim sorted.

I understand that, due to the recent extreme weather, insurance companies are much busier than they might normally be but that is no excuse for the dreadful service we have received.

So, the point of my rant is this: do NOT take out a policy with Congregational & General.
 Congregational & General Insurance - Iffy
It's like we always say with insurance, isn't it?

You never know if the company is any good until you claim.

Congregational & General Insurance - Dulwich Estate
Get the broker to do the chasing for you - that's what he's for. PS If he won't, then he's as bad as the insurance company.
Last edited by: Dulwich Estate on Mon 24 Jan 11 at 19:59
Latest Forum Posts