Non-motoring > Camping chairs - parts Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 7

Camping chairs - parts - sherlock47
Like this direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-7307.aspx although mine is tagged as halfords.

One of the bottom foot mouldings in polyprop? has completely broken! Anybody any ideas for spares. I suppose I could get the angle grinder and welder out and make one in steel:)

ok, a new chair is not expensive - maybe I should buy a new one ( unit price -a pair is generally cheaper) and just keep the old one for spares. But if somebody else has a a part damaged spare in the garage, I would be grateful for a single foot!
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 29 Jun 11 at 12:51
 Camping chairs - parts - spamcan61
Link doesn't work for me guv.
 Camping chairs - parts - madf
I'd recover the fragments, glue together with strong glue, re-attach and then splint with aluminium strip and fibreglass.
Yes: it IS a bodge but properly bodged it will last - although it looks ugly.

As we have lived in our present house for over 30 years, I am am expert in long lasting bodgery.:-)

edit: I can recommend gorilla glue for bodges..uk.gorillaglue.com/eng/glues/glue-list/1/
Last edited by: madf on Wed 29 Jun 11 at 11:00
 Camping chairs - parts - Dave
You can't glue polypropylene, but you can weld it.
 Camping chairs - parts - VxFan
>> Link doesn't work for me guv.

Should work now. an 'x' was missing from the end of the link.
 Camping chairs - parts - spamcan61
Cheers; looks like the much same chair on the Halfords site is double the price!
 Camping chairs - parts - smokie
>> Cheers; looks like the much same chair on the Halfords site is double the price!

Yeah so Zero will advise there must be something missing from the Tesco one... (see kitchen thread) :-)
 Camping chairs - parts - mikeyb
Buy a new chair - take the feet off, and return the chair for a refund :-)
Latest Forum Posts