Non-motoring > Route from Waterloo to Stratford/ Olympics. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 5

Route from Waterloo to Stratford/ Olympics. - henry k
I will be going to at the Olympics this summer and need local advice on the route,

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2106534/London-2012-Olympics-If-routes-Games-chiefs-tell-itll-3-times-long.html
Yes I know it is the DM.

I suspect there is going to be one hell of a crush on the Jubilee line from Waterloo to Stratford so what sensible alternative routes can I take from Waterloo?

I looked at the map and perhaps if I could get to the east of Stratford then trains back to Stratford would be far less crowded.
Perhaps Waterloo to the Bank on the drain, DLR to Canning Town or Custom House and then Silverlink to Stratford.

Anyone familiar with that part of town who can advise ?
 Route from Waterloo to Stratford/ Olympics. - Bromptonaut
Isn't there a service from St Pancras Int to Stratford over the Eurostar route- the Javelin Shuttle or some such thing?
 Route from Waterloo to Stratford/ Olympics. - Meldrew
Waterloo to Warren Street via Northern Line, easy change to Victoria line to KX/StP and then

www.london2012.com/making-it-happen/transport/stratford-international-station.php
 Route from Waterloo to Stratford/ Olympics. - hjd
Alternatively, Bakerloo from Waterloo, change at Oxford Circus to Victoria for KX/St P is about the easiest change possible.
 Route from Waterloo to Stratford/ Olympics. - henry k
Thanks for those suggestions.
 Route from Waterloo to Stratford/ Olympics. - Meldrew
Having tried the 6+ different ways of getting from Waterloo to KX, over the last 3 years I can recommend the Warren Street routing as it is a small(er) station, only has two lines running thru it and minimal walking and stairs.
Latest Forum Posts