Computer Related > Open office... Green Issues
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 5

Open office... - Mapmaker
I want to download Open Office onto my new Samsung NC10.

the Open Office site suggests

download.services.openoffice.org/files/localized/en-GB/3.2.0/OOo_3.2.0_Win_x86_install_en-GB.exe.

but this doesn't seem to be working. So I've looked at the mirror sites, but they all seem to be a US version, rather than GB. Anybody have any suggestions/does it matter?

many thanks.

Open office... - Iffy
Mapmaker,

Strange to relate, I've been trying to download Open Office for my new computer toy - see separate thread.

The sites I've tried will not work, which, taken with your experience, suggests to me there is a problem their end.

I've had no problems downloading iTunes and a couple of other things.
Last edited by: ifithelps on Mon 3 May 10 at 20:55
 Open office... - Manatee
Yep. Something up. 'check for updates' just failed - doesn't normally.

If you can find a mirror even a US version should do to be going on with.

I'm a bit annoyed with it at the moment - trying to work on a contract in a Word document with a lot of formatting and it won't convert properly. Had to fire up the inferior work laptop to use MS Word :-(
 Open office... - Iffy
...Word document with a lot of formatting...

I'm no expert, but I came across a Micrsoft document a few weeks ago that was in '.docx' format, rather than '.doc'.

The copy of Open Office I had then wouldn't open the document, but an updated version - 3.2 I think - would.

Open office... - Iffy
Copy of Open Office downloaded no bother this morning, so I think there was a foul-up their end the other night.
Last edited by: ifithelps on Wed 5 May 10 at 18:06
 Open office... - swiss tony
Point to note, open office will default to save documents in its own format, well worth changing the settings so it saves in an MS Office format of your choice, that means the document will open on other machines.....
Latest Forum Posts