Computer Related > Trojan / Security issues Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 4

Trojan / Security issues - BobbyG
I run my XP netbook with AVG free. After reading references on here to Microsoft One care safety scanner, I ran this and it detected a trojan - Trojan:Java/Classloader.T

from the Microsoft website:

Trojan:Java/Classloader.T is the detection for a malicious Java applet that exploits the vulnerability described in CVE-2009-3867. The vulnerability is due to an error in the implementation of the HsbParser.getSoundBank function that can be exploited to result in a stack-based buffer overflow. more at

tinyurl.com/325tc7m

none of the above is written in a language that I understand!!!

So after also reading on here about Microsoft Security Essentials, I removed AVG and downloaded it itself but when I ran a scan with it, it didn't detect this Trojan (and neither had AVG )

Firewall is on and windows updates are automatic.

So how do I remove this Trojan, and prevent any more occurring? And is there anything I should be worried about meantime if its on my computer?

(I will continue working my way through Microsoft pages but will post this just now in case I lose it)
 Trojan / Security issues - Zero
that sounds like a false positive to me. its pulled up as a trojan that isnt really. Its probably a standard java loader.
 Trojan / Security issues - BobbyG
Went through the full microsoft thing and it wasn't able to remove it?
 Trojan / Security issues - Zero
probably because it isnt there.
 Trojan / Security issues - John H

Check you have latest Java SE Runtime Environment 6u20.
Latest Forum Posts