Computer Related > IE10 issues Computing Issues
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 14

IE10 issues - borasport
I installed IE10 on my home PC last week - now when I open the drop-down box to select a forum, and click on the forum to open it, nothing happens.
When i went to post this query from my PC, I couldn't, because clicking the 'post message' button just did nothing. I'm guessing it's some setting somewhere, does anybody know what and where ?
(laptop with IE8 is fine)
 IE10 issues - Zero
ooooo, well then, who was a brave boy. I wouldn't have moved to 10 yet. Its not a setting, its an issue with IE10 on win 7. IE 10 works ok on WIN 8 on this forum.
 IE10 issues - AnotherJohnH
IE 10 version 10.0.9200.16521

running on Windows 7 version 6.1.7601

produced this post, and the navigation through this site is OK.

(It must be said though that I generally use chrome, but is nice to have another browser for when things get a bit awkward.)
 IE10 issues - madf
I have IE10 because some sites do not work with Chrome.

PIA.
 IE10 issues - Victorbox
I upgraded to IE10 on Windows 7 using Windows Update after realising how much snappier it was than IE9 with some useful extra features - spellcheck for one. No issues at all to report on three upgraded computers
 IE10 issues - Zero
If you want snappy you go chrome.
 IE10 issues - Pat
I've upgraded too and like it but I do get this message on a pop up box at the bottom of the page on this site only?

'Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting'

Why would that happen?

Pat
 IE10 issues - Robin O'Reliant
I tried the IE10 download and even before I used it my Win 7 PC slowed to such a crawl I had to un-install it. I'm sticking to Chrome.
 IE10 issues - Stuartli
>> I tried the IE10 download and even before I used it my Win 7 PC slowed to such a crawl I had to un-install it. I'm sticking to Chrome.>>

Normally use Waterfox but installed IE10 yesterday. Typing this using it and it's certainly very quick to load or switch to new pages.
 IE10 issues - AnotherJohnH
@ pat

Microsoft link about cross site scripting:

tinyurl.com/ch5gsub

How to turn the detection off:

tinyurl.com/calcf89

BUT, please be aware that I get no warning on IE10 on this site, so there may be something untoward happening on your machine.

IE10 issues - Pat
Thanks JohnH.

Mine doesn't do it all the time but when it does it seems to do it on every page.

It has never done it on any other site....yet, so I think I'll leave it switched on for now and see if it gets worse or better:)

Pat
 IE10 issues - Roger.
Has anyone found a good adblocker for IE10?
 IE10 issues - swiss tony
>> Has anyone found a good adblocker for IE10?
>>

Yes.
Firefox + Adblock plus....
 IE10 issues - TeeCee
Except that IE10 is rather snappier. Its jscript engine and the Trident rendering engine outperform Chrome.

There is one well-known and very popular benchmark site that shows Chrome as top, but that is purely because their tests are heavily weighted towards Chrome (e.g. marking down others for not supporting the Google proprietary video codecs).
 IE10 issues - Stuartli
If you have a 64 bit OS, try Waterfox (64 bit version of Firefox)!

www.waterfoxproject.org/
Latest Forum Posts