Computer Related > Mouse Problems Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 7

Mouse Problems - maltrap
I've started having intermittent problem with my HP UB131-0 mouse.
sometime the cursor reacts slowly, sometimes the cursor disappears & the screen freezes, switching the computer off & back on fixes it temporarily.Is the most probable cause, the mouse or the computer ? I've been looking at a cordless mouse, would anyone recommend these as opposed to a corded one. As you've probably gathered i'm not a computer expert, any help would be much appreciated.
 Mouse Problems - VxFan
Are the drivers up to date?

Mice are so cheap that it's probably worth trying another one to see if the problem is still present or gone. Or if you don't want to buy one, do you have access to one that you could borrow first?

I've used cordless mice for several years now. Initially I had ball type, but now optical. I don't like it when I have to use the ones with balls and tails again.
 Mouse Problems - No FM2R
It could be the mouse, and certainly that's the easiest and most simple to check.

But I suspect that it may be nothing to do with the mouse at all. It might be that something is going on in your computer which is using all the CPU and that's why the mouse is messing around.

I'd get a cheapo mouse from somewhere and try that. Just borrow one for 5 minutes if you can.

Mouse Problems - Zero
You need to check the mouse by using another, plugging it into another USB port, updating the drivers, But I suspect the frozen mouse is merely the symptom you see, the real problem is the system freezing. Anything changed recently? roll back to a past restore point.
 Mouse Problems - Fenlander
The only thing I've not managed to tweak to my liking on the used Dell PC I bought the other day is its mouse. It's the original Dell wired one and even at the fastest setting in the mouse properties it travels across the screen a little slower than I like.
 Mouse Problems - Robin O'Reliant
>> The only thing I've not managed to tweak to my liking on the used Dell
>> PC I bought the other day is its mouse. It's the original Dell wired one
>> and even at the fastest setting in the mouse properties it travels across the screen
>> a little slower than I like.
>>

Dell recommend moving your hand a little quicker.
 Mouse Problems - madf
Specially slow mouse for those with vision difficulties..
 Mouse Problems - TeeCee
>>
>> Dell recommend moving your hand a little quicker.
>>

Apparently there is a wide selection of websites dedicated to assisting you in moving your right hand back and forth rapidly.
So it's not just Dell......
Latest Forum Posts