Computer Related > Tablets Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 21

Tablets - Robin O'Reliant
Can you use your normal ISP and email account (Live Mail) on these devices, or do you have to pay extra for another account?
 Tablets - Zero
yes you can, and no you don't.
Cheers Z.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140946217542?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

That look any good? Only for fairly basic stuff, be handy if it would run a spreadsheet.
Last edited by: Robin Regal on Sun 26 May 13 at 18:53
 Tablets - No FM2R
I don't know if that tablet is any good or not.

However, a tablet with a data connection (WiFi or 3G) will be able to use Google Docs and thus [similar to] Excel.
 Tablets - Zero
Its a typical cheap far east tablet. Got no GPS, No 3g (tho you can tether your existing phone) and poor screen resolution.

In short you get what you pay for.

Edit, as Mark said, it will run an Excel clone as long as your SS's are not too complex.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 26 May 13 at 19:41
Not bothered about 3G or GPS or game playing and I only want something basic. As long as the screen resolution compares to a mobile I'll be happy with it. My spreadsheets are as simple as it gets but it would be useful to have something I can update during the day rather than faffing about when I get home.

I did consider this, maybe the smaller display would be better on a cheapy?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360658770789?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
 Tablets - Focusless
>> I did consider this, maybe the smaller display would be better on a cheapy?
>>
>> www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360658770789?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

If you want something from a name you recognise (and I'm not saying that's necessarily a good thing), you can get a 7" 1024x600 Acer for £80 (after £20 cashback):
www.ebuyer.com/452365-acer-iconia-b1-tablet-pc-nt-l15ek-001
 Tablets - Runfer D'Hills
Er, hello ! We were wondering if you were "computerless" too now ? Take it you've had the audacity to have been living in the real world for a bit ? Good to "see" you again.

:-)
 Tablets - Dog
>>We were wondering if you were "computerless" too now ?

:-D
 Tablets - Focusless
>> Er, hello ! We were wondering if you were "computerless" too now ?

Ha - not yet. And yes, have been quite busy non-virtually so haven't made any contributions here for a while; (pleasantly) surprised you noticed :)
 Tablets - VxFan
>> In short you get what you pay for.

what he said.
 Tablets - Stuartli
I recently bought a Google Nexus 10 (made by Samsung who also sell their version, but sold at a bargain price by Google) and it's excellent. The screen has the highest resolution of any tablet currently available. See:

play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_10_32gb (there are 16GB and 32GB versions).

Using it is easy as I already have experience of Android through my HTC smartphones.
On a tablet with a front facing camera, how do you view the image you are photographing? I presume front is where the screen is.

Maybe a view finder?
 Tablets - Manatee
I'd expect a rear camera as well as a front one. So if you want to take a picture you'd use the rear one. The front one is for video calls/Skype/taking pictures of yourself.
Well, I won a (brand new, UK seller) 7" tablet on ebay for £33.50, front and rear cameras. The usual budget spec, 512Mb and 4 Gig onboard storage. If it's a pile of junk it won't have bankrupted me, so we'll see.

At least I've now got a camera as Mrs RR has nicked mine.
 Tablets - L'escargot
Can you get tablets on a doctor's prescription?
 Tablets - L'escargot
>> Can you get tablets on a doctor's prescription?
>>
It appears that someone finds my mild attempt at humour offensive. He or she must have got out of bed the wrong side this morning.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Tue 11 Jun 13 at 09:22
 Tablets - VxFan
>> someone finds my mild attempt at humour offensive

Or just not humourous?
 Tablets - L'escargot
>> >> someone finds my mild attempt at humour offensive
>>
>> Or just not humourous?
>>

Do you mean humorous?
 Tablets - VxFan
Not the way I spell it.
 Tablets - TeeCee
>> Can you get tablets on a doctor's prescription?
>>

Rather annoyingly you can't get Pils on the NHS either.....
 Tablets - AnotherJohnH
>> Rather annoyingly you can't get Pils on the NHS either.....

Not nowadays...

's funny - ISTR being given a bottle of Guinness in the evenings when in hospital a very long time ago..
Last edited by: AnotherJohnH on Wed 12 Jun 13 at 19:37
Latest Forum Posts