Computer Related > Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 9

Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer - Robin O'Reliant
Z, you're with Talk Talk, is your email down?
 Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer - Zero
hold on I'll check

No all good, incoming and outgoing is fine.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 28 May 13 at 19:37
 Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer - Victorbox
Fine here also.
 Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer - Runfer D'Hills
We've just had BT Infinity installed today by the by. Blimey it's fast. Chuffed so far ! ( or is that like being chuffed with an Alfa ?? ) Swords of Damocles dangling etc? Hope not ! It has a big cloud apparently. Whatever one of those is. Should I be pleased?
Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Tue 28 May 13 at 22:18
 Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer - bathtub tom
Wait until you have to talk to that Indian call centre!
 Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer - rtj70
>> We've just had BT Infinity installed today by the by. Blimey it's fast

Had it for nearly 3 years... and it's now twice as fast as of last year. For me the symmetric speed is useful - very fast for upload and download.

Although I assume Virgin Media have much faster upload available these days.
 Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer - Falkirk Bairn
AOL /TalkTalk is back at its old tricks

DNS issues - phoneline admits to Email being down.

Logged on by connecting to admin on router - change nothing /save settings and low and behold I get a connection.

Looked into changing the DNS addresses but these are locked! Must be TalkTalk special config.
 Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer - Robin O'Reliant
Late last night I managed to get a connection on Talk Talk Mail, but still nothing on Win Live Mail. Having logged on to the TT Users Forum it seems to be effecting most of the country.
 Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer - VxFan
>> Looked into changing the DNS addresses but these are locked! Must be TalkTalk special config.

I thought the same with my Thompson router supplied by Pipex, but after googling I found the answer of how to change the DNS values.

I did it via a DOS window and then typed 'telnet 192.168.1.254' to make the required changes. Obviously 192.168.1.254 might not be your routers address, in which case substitute it for the one you have. Then you'll need the commands to make the changes.

eg
www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=84954
npr.me.uk/telnet.html

If you cock it up, then you can reset the router to "out of the box settings" using the 'hidden' button on the side/back and hold it in for at least 10 seconds.

What router you got?
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 29 May 13 at 18:43
 Calling Zero or any other Talk Talk customer - rtj70
The Thompson router might allow telnet sessions - but not all routers will allow configuration changes this way. My Linksys router does not allow telnet or ssh sessions - it's all web browser based. I don't think my BT Homehub would either - that's off and in the cupboard.

Unless you have lots of computers, phones, tablets, etc. you can always update your computer/phone to use say Google's DNS servers. More complicated if the device is used on multiple networks but many laptops/desktops are not.
Latest Forum Posts