Computer Related > Laptop cannot play media Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 6

Laptop cannot play media - legacylad
Been ok for the past few years, but now on the BBC website a message reads ''Cannot play media. Download the correct version of flash player''. I have done. Several times. Still no joy. My laptop plays other video ok...youtube, vids from my camera, vids sent from friends Iphones to my email. So why not on the Beeb website?

Maybe I have inadvertently changed some settings. Its all a mystery to me but I would be grateful for any advice as to how to overcome this problem. Thanks.
 Laptop cannot play media - VxFan
Has Adobe flash player recently updated itself?

What happens if you revert to an earlier version, or delete and re-install?
 Laptop cannot play media - No FM2R
Are you using Internet Explorer?

And whichever browser you're using, can you try it in another?
 Laptop cannot play media - Stuartli
Try the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller and then download the latest Flash Player version:

helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

On a bit of a tangent, I use Windows Essentials Codecs to cover media use:

www.mediacodec.org/
 Laptop cannot play media - Victorbox
This link will tell you if you have the latest version: www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
 Laptop cannot play media - spamcan61
Had the same issue on SWMBO's PC last week, had to completely uninstall Flash and then install the latest version from the Adobe web site
 Laptop cannot play media - legacylad
Thanks all for your advice. I completely uninstalled Flash then reinstalled from the Adobe website. Several times. Over several days. No success. Therefore I viewed through another browser. Seems to be working fine now....My laptop is fairly new and I have no idea why I was suddenly unable to watch video on the BBC website.
Anyway, all seems well now.
Thanks again all.
Latest Forum Posts