Computer Related > Transferring photos from PC to memory card. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 4

Transferring photos from PC to memory card. - maltrap
My Canon camera has a compact flash memory card. My new TV can show pic,s from a built in SD card slot. Can someone explain in basic terms (as my computer knowledge is basic!) how to transfer photo images from my PC to an SD card? I have a card reader and an SD card on order. My pc has Windows Vista Home Premium.
Thanks in anticipation.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 2 Jun 10 at 21:23
 Transfering photos from PC to memory card. - Iffy
As one simple user to another.

When you push the SD card into the reader, Vista should detect it as 'an external device', a usb device', or 'drive E' or somesuch - it matters not.

Clicking on the new device and a window should open.

It's them simply a matter of opening the list of pics, and dragging and dropping each one into the window.

Until you get the hang of it, it might be easier if you drag a couple onto the desktop first so they are easily to hand when you want to drop them into the SD card window.

Copies will be made at each stage, so you are not moving the pic, you are creating a copy and putting the copy somewhere else.

Transfering photos from PC to memory card. - rtj70
>> Until you get the hang of it, it might be easier if you drag a couple onto the desktop first
>> so they are easily to hand when you want to drop them into the SD card window.

If the images are on the computer main disk, then dragging them to the desktop will move them. Dragging and dropping will copy when you're dragging files from one disk to another. So for a novice this might easily lead to the originals being moved. Better to copy them if you're not sure what you're doing.
 Transfering photos from PC to memory card. - Iffy
...If the images are on the computer main disk, then dragging them to the desktop will move them...

Doesn't seem to when I drag a pic from 'My Pictures' onto the desktop of my Vista laptop - I get a copy.

Maybe my computer is set up to do that, or perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick somehow.

Either way, rtj70's post is drawn from a (slightly) greater knowledge base than my own, so I will leave the OP to come to an appropriate conclusion. :)

Transfering photos from PC to memory card. - Zero
If you hold the right mouse button to drag, you get the choice to copy or move.
Latest Forum Posts