Computer Related > Cheshire Police!!!! Computing Issues
Thread Author: neiltoo Replies: 6

Cheshire Police!!!! - neiltoo
My colleague has just picked this up.

What's the clearest description of how to remove it?

TIA
 Cheshire Police!!!! - Zero
try this one
malwaretips.com/blogs/cheshire-police-authority-virus/
Ta Z.

He's trying it now.

Its a real pfd!

Will report back in due time.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 6 Dec 13 at 01:05
 Cheshire Police!!!! - RichardW
This the one that flashes up on the screen something about you having naughty stuff on your machine, and you need to pay us money?

Not too hard to get rid of. Start it in safe mode, find where it's installed itself and delete the file, then re-boot it, and edit all the entries it's changed in the registry, and msonfig to remove the start up entries.

However, I had to get one of these off my FILs computer, and it had managed to disable the safe mode, so I had to boot it from a Linux CD to delete the file. Never did manage to find out what it had done to safe mode, but I still don't think it will boot in safe mode....
Yup.

It wouldn't boot into safe mode.
He fought with it all afternoon, but it went to the doctor's this morning.
Should be back Monday.

Very worrying, since he can't see what he did wrong.

Looking at an ostensibly serious website about carpel tunnel syndrome, and it pounced.

Castration's too good for these PFDs

Anyway, Thanks to all.

8o)
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 7 Dec 13 at 16:47
 Cheshire Police!!!! - rtj70
>> Looking at an ostensibly serious website about carpel tunnel syndrome, and it pounced.

He might have been looking at an okay and non-dodgey website. But who's to say that site hasn't been compromised. Which is why we need to have protection on our systems.
 Cheshire Police!!!! - Victorbox
HitmanPro will remove it and can be used from a USB stick and is free for 28 days. www.surfright.nl/en
"edit all the entries it's changed in the registry, and msonfig to remove the start up entries" how would the average user know how to edit the registry without destroying the operating system?
Last edited by: Victorbox on Fri 6 Dec 13 at 16:38
Latest Forum Posts