Computer Related > Mystery loss of internet BBC radio Computing Issues
Thread Author: Mike Hannon Replies: 4

Mystery loss of internet BBC radio - Mike Hannon
For years I have used my ipod to listen to BBC radio here in France, simply by using the ordinary links to Radio 2, 3, 4 and 4 extra homepages. I've been away and off-line for a few weeks and when I returned and tried to listen at the weekend I found none of the links would work. I went on the main BBC homepage, which loaded ok, but when I clicked the link for radio that didn't work either.
Has something changed since January?
I have BBC radio via satellite and via Orange Liveradio but it was useful, sometimes, to use the 'listen again' facility via the internet.
I've tried the same links on my aged Apple G4 - sometimes they seem to work and sometimes they don't.
Any ideas, anyone?
 Mystery loss of internet BBC radio - No FM2R
I was listening to Ken Bruce & the Pop Quiz this morning in the car on my Android, and right now I'm listening to the Radio 2 News on my PC - so its definitely working and as far as I can tell nothing has changed.

However, I don't use an Apple or iTunes so maybe the issue lies there.

p.s. I'm in Chile.

p.p.s. Does TuneIn Radio work on an Apple?
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 4 Mar 14 at 17:06
 Mystery loss of internet BBC radio - CGNorwich
Absolutely no problems here with iplayer radio here in the Canaries. TuneIn also works fine in my Ipad . As mentioned earlier FilmOn gives me all the TV stations too.
 Mystery loss of internet BBC radio - Slidingpillar
Not aware of any changes, but I can see it if there have. Find a UK proxy and enter the URL of the 'listen live' and try that.
 Mystery loss of internet BBC radio - Mike Hannon
Cheers for the advice. All except Radio 4 have re-appeared and the iPlayer works. I just reloaded the Radio 4 homepage (that has a slightly different web address) and that works too.
Maybe part of the problem is that all my gear is getting old but I can't be bothered to upgrade any of it. If companies can't be bothered to support their products after a few years I can't be bothered to deal with them again.
Last edited by: Mike Hannon on Wed 5 Mar 14 at 11:32
Latest Forum Posts