Computer Related > bandwidth Computing Issues
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 1

bandwidth - Armel Coussine
I've been deprived of internet all day, everything stuck, nothing worked.

It's the nippers!

We have a generous internet system which belongs to my nephew. It's ample for all reasonable purposes. More importantly, it's actually necessary for some of what I do: I have to email sometimes quite big texts, often urgently.

But when these 12-year-old cuties are around they gobble up all the bandwidth for the week by downloading movies and watching live feeds of any old rubbish. My nephew, the father of one of said cuties, is a fair and reasonable fellow and can't ban them (although he did once, but only for a week). However he can easily ration them and won't mind doing that.

Of course the problem is enforcement. I yell at them sometimes, then apologise. They're used to it of course and only 12, and cute.

I so hate holiday times, half term and so on. It's working now because it's late at night. But for how long?

Still NBG for email. Just tried. Damn!
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 27 Aug 14 at 22:02
 bandwidth - WillDeBeest
There should be settings in your router that will show you which devices use the network and allow you to restrict access by device to certain times of day or week.

12-15-year-old cuties in abundance in Avignon and Arles this week. I could see 13-yo Beestling Major not knowing where to look, although he affects not to notice. Sweet, really.
Latest Forum Posts