Computer Related > MicroSD card knackered? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 0

MicroSD card knackered? - smokie
I have a 64Gb Sandisk (genuine) microSD which I was happily using in my Android, mainly as a music and radio show store for listening to while commuting. Got it for Christmas...

So recently Android 4.3 stopped the external card being used as storage for apps. I didn't really notice any difference at the time as I manage what's on the card by hooking it up to the PC by USB.

Anyway I now find I cannot delete anything from the card, If I do it through Explorer the items disappear from the screen until I plug it back in again, when they return.

Looks like the card might have gone write protected - there is no manual way fo doing that.

I have faffed around for ages doing different bits on the PC and the phone (including rooting) but nothing has worked.

CHKDSK did give some errors so I tried a quick format but that does nothing. I am currently running a full format but that's been running since 0700 and isn't quite halfway - I will leave it till completion though.

Anyway, is that a valid reason to return a card under warranty? It came from Amazon who are usually pretty reasonable on returns.
Latest Forum Posts