Computer Related > Excel on Android Computing Issues
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 11

Excel on Android - Roger.
I have two, approximately forty page, documents, (two wards of local Electoral Register) on an Excel spreadsheet which needs to be portable. (Taking out and referencing it on enough doorsteps to fulfil strict Election criteria for proposer, seconder and eight assenters).
Is there a decent app for Android (hudl tablet) to which I may transfer it, to save having to print to a hard paper copy?
Yep - it's head above parapet time again ;-)
 Excel on Android - No FM2R
I would have thought that either Polaris or Office Mobile would do the trick.
 Excel on Android - rtj70
If you need to edit the spreadsheet on the doorstep then either of Mark's suggestions would work.

Do you need to edit it? It will be a little cumbersome on a handheld tablet whilst stood at the door.
 Excel on Android - Bromptonaut
Thankks. Was just about to ask same question as I would like to keep the caravan's loadsheet handy when we're away.
>> If you need to edit the spreadsheet on the doorstep then either of Mark's suggestions
>> would work.
>>
>> Do you need to edit it? It will be a little cumbersome on a handheld
>> tablet whilst stood at the door.

No - no editing - just referencing to confirm voter's name & ward voting number.
 Excel on Android - No FM2R
I think the above two apps will do.

If its easy to do, it might be worth saving to another spreadsheet with just the fields you need to check.

Might make it easier to display.
 Excel on Android - rtj70
>> No - no editing - just referencing to confirm voter's name & ward voting number.

Have you considered paper? As in print the spreadsheet and carry that around instead. Duplex print them so that's 20 sheets of paper for each.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 23 Mar 15 at 13:56

>> Have you considered paper? As in print the spreadsheet and carry that around instead. Duplex
>> print them so that's 20 sheets of paper for each.
>>
Yes - that is option B. My printer will print duplex, but if I can save paper & ink (we have two wards to canvass for proposers etc. as SWMBO is on board too.) I will.
The Excel file will not open on my hudl, either with Sheets, OR Polaris.
Indeed, I have to over-ride my copy of Office which is reluctant to open the spreadsheet due to an incompatibility between the file format and the file extension.
I blame our District Council Election department :-)
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 23 Mar 15 at 21:16
 Excel on Android - Zero
==>> I blame our District Council Election department :-)

assuming then that you have managed to open it on your pc save it in a standard .xls format, then see if it will open on the hudl
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 23 Mar 15 at 21:16
 Excel on Android - Zero
Have you tried the in-built spreadsheet app on your hudl? its called "sheets"
 Excel on Android - sherlock47
or just save as a pdf and open when needed?

"but if I can save paper & ink"
good to see that UKIP focusses on the big things in life :)
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Tue 24 Mar 15 at 08:41
>> or just save as a pdf and open when needed?
>>
>>
>>
>> "but if I can save paper & ink"
>> good to see that UKIP focusses on the big things in life :)

A bit snarky there sherlock!

We don't have the millions in donations others do, so each branch and candidate (including the PPC's deposit of £500) is personally self funded, so every penny counts!
Latest Forum Posts